10.19.2005

gorjus, just plain gorjus

i have to give props to www.vindaugagallery.com for this picture. the admin there is the one that took this shot. but this face, so simple and naked, has been the source of my inspiration for years. he pushed me harder and differently than anyone. he gave me books that i had never heard of. he played me music that moved me to tears and changed the way i heard songs. he taught me that it was okay for a man, a real man, to cry. he showed me that art went beyond colors on a page.

most of all, he looked at me from the inside out. my shell meant little to him because my heart, my soul, my very being was what he saw when he looked at me. he taught me to look at everyone like that. just so you know: the world is a lot prettier because of it.

1 comment:

gorjus said...

You sweet girl! You say so many wonderful things. But, you didn't talk about how fat my head is! Jeez! It's like a freckled watermelon!

I love you.