1. Polly and the Mooch: politics abound! Polly is a lawyer in Jackson, Mississippi that I have known for about 10 years. His posts are very political and he has wonderful links to news from all over the world. Hearty Democrat, but a great read.
2. PostSecret: I'm sure this blog will be mentioned many times today. I'm not explaining it, you just have to go see for yourself.
3. Just My Thoughts: OH! How fun is this site. I found RedneckGirl through Pavel and I am now a frequent flyer. She has great posts about life and how she handles it. Very funny, insightful and really, just a great blog. Her posts make you feel like you're sitting there with her and that's always cool.
4. Robot-A-Day: Bigtime posts drawings, paintings, sketches and whatever else he can find of robots every day! He also has some fabulous pins, t-shirts and stickers. His robots always make me smile and he has an interesting twist at looking at the world through robot eyes. My fav? The robot that wants to be a werewolf, so he tapes sideburns on. Oh, yeah...
5. Random Thoughts...: I stumbled on this blog today and wow what a find. She is funny, I mean REALLY funny and writes the most wonderful things. She had me laughing and thinking about life all at the same time. I plan on spending more time there.
These don't even scratch the surface of all the cool places I visit. Blurr, Pink Angel, Bad Kitty, Pavel, G, Mrs. Kwitty, Kiwi, Mollisher, Gorjus, Sally, Orly, Miss 1999, Cynthia I could go on and on. A wonderful group of people that all deserve props for their blogs and for the fantasticness!!
I'm trying to decide if I'm going to start selling prints or not. Some of them come out really well and I would hang them on my walls, so maybe someone else would? I don't know and I guess it's partially because selling prints isn't something I ever thought about doing. But, then again, I never thought I would become an international jewelry designer. **G, your jewelry went out today with a bonus present. Amber, your jewelry went out with presents, too.**
I suppose I'm looking for some input here. Are the things I take pictures of something you would put in your home or office? Pavel, I know you like the Radio Flyer one and the bucket one seems to be a favorite. Just unsure if I should take on another project.
I was going to write a little story to go along with these, but my brain is addled today. Headaches plaguing me. Blech. But, if you are looking for a scary story, go see Miss 1999, man that story had my skin crawling!! If you're looking for a story that will wrench your heart out, please, please, please go read what Butterfly Chic wrote. OMG, can we say publish? Scroll down and read chapter one first, very enthralling!
Well folks, that's it. I've uploaded a bunch of new pictures to my Flickr account if you want to go look. There are some of the shots from yesterday on there. I've got new jewelry to post and I might actually get around to doing that!!
And I have NO idea where it is!
So, if you see this bugger somewhere,
email me so I can come get it.
On a related note (this is how I discovered I was missing something) I have updated a BUNCH of photos in my shop. Some of the older ones looked really bad and I think it has hindered the sale of those pieces. Most of them are really pretty. If you have a minute, go check out page 2 and 3 in my shop and see if you like the new shots.
(feedback would be super cool here.)
What will I win, you ask? Well, the bearer of the name will receive a 20% discount on ANY item in my shop! WOO! There is no expiration date on the discount so you could save it and wait till later to have a private little sale all for you.
The winner will be announced Tuesday, August 8th! Be sure to have your suggestions in by five, central time! Good luck and I can't wait to see what you all come up with!!