10.27.2005

my soul is on fire, i wanted you to know


this painting will soon be on display in my home thanks to the artist, Heather Brown Truman of Bad!Kitty Arts. i will also be getting several other paintings from her, so if christmas is skimpy this year? i spent it on myself.

do you want to know why? because her art inspires me. it sets me on fire on the inside. do you have any idea how cool that is? and she does it so effortlessly. she sticks to one rule: she paints whatever the hell she wants to and puts her soul into every piece. the first time i stumbled across her stuff, i literally gasped. i haven't been moved by art like that in a looong time. sure, there are things that i dig, but nothing has made me say "i have to own this or small bunnies will die."

in addition to being such a wonderful artist, she is the coolest woman i have met in nearly ten years. she is full of life and vibrancy. she has a raw edge to her that is only dulled slightly by her extreme love of her children. she is rich and sensual with an ample dose of southern-fried common sense.

trust me, click on the picture, look through her stuff, be amazed at the artistry and be thankful that you did. oh, by the way, the ones that say "sold" are coming home with me.

1 comment:

Heather said...

"Let us seek to reign nobly on the throne of our highest self for just a single day, filling every moment of every hour with our finest, unselfish best. Then there would come to us such a vision of the golden glory of the sunlit heights, such a glad, glowing tonic of the higher levels of life, that we could never dwell again in the darkened valley of ordinary living without feeling shut in, stifled, and hungry for the freer air and the broader outlook."
~ William Jordan

Today...Pinky my dear you are my TONIC (see above) today...valueing a spit and a handshake, saying the words southern-fried... you are my tonic to life's questions...or is to life's answers...I think it's the later myself. You are a key that needed turned and I needed to be the one who was honored to turn it. You opened me up too, and I am grateful for your own southern-fried, with extrrra sauce self. It's the way...THE WAY...got to go in to find out, and I'm not just happy because you bought some of the art that I have been hoarding for myself...not ready to let them go.....but because they really are coming...going...home. Isn't that so cool?
What's the key turning worth in this reality? Priceless.
Later! Heather...aka.. or as I am likeing the sound of more often around the house Heather reigning Art Zar at BAD! kitty. Art Zar doesn't that just roll off the tounge?