1.27.2006

Friday

it has been another long week but as of this morning i am done with all my tedious, stress-inducing, ulcer-creating work. the grant is completed. all problems solved, all numbers reconcilied and, best of all, a check in the friggin' mail. that makes for one sweet friday morning here in the 'ville.
don't get me wrong, though, this morning was full of suprises. first, i awoke to a pitiful "momma" only to be followed by the sound of puke hitting the floor. that was at 5:45 this morning. the puke was over with soon when the poops hit. yes, i have had a grossy-morosey morning. it turns out that dinner last night did not agree with her. and after about 4 trips to the potty and a load of crackers, she was fine.
she went to school and i came to work. no one is here first thing in the morning and that's how i like it. it's the little bit of peace that i get in a day. the rest of the time is filled with me changing hats between mom/wife/office manager/ maid and as of this morning, nurse. back to what i was getting to. it's these times in the morning that i really get to reflect on my life and where it is going. sometimes that isn't a good thing. i wonder if i'm fulfilling myself enough. i've become so busy with taking care of everyone else, that i have given up some of my passions in the process. i miss painting and sewing and beading and playing music. i miss working out and getting to run two miles. i miss a lot of things that i used to do.
here's my question: how do you get to do all those things and not give up on all the others? and don't tell me "you just have to make time" i want to actually know how real people do it. if anyone out there has an idea, post it, please. wishing you all a happy friday.

1 comment:

Chloe' Gardner said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything is finally taken care of! I've had you on my mind, wondering how things were going and if the check had finally been settled.

So sorry to hear about your little one- it's a pain in the ass *literally* when food doesn't agree with you- and unfortunately, I understand all too well...

As for your last question, how do you get back the things you love without giving up on others- damned if I know... And you're so right, the "you have to make time" shit- that doesn't work. It's nice in theory, but isn't always something you can do.

What I do, is just try to plan certain times to do certain things. It doesn't always work out, but when it does, it's definitely worth it. Best of luck *Hugs*