3.30.2006

so...bored...

i took off work yesterday for no real reason so i was ready and willing to come to work today! yeah!!
no.
it's terribly slow and boring today. plus, it's pretty outside and i would much rather be playing. side note: do you think i will go to hell if i mutter "fuck off" under my breath at the secretary of the christian school my daughter is attending? i was having a craptacular morning and every time she calls me by the wrong name and i have to remind her, again, of my actual name, well i get pissed. and i was in no mood for it this morning.
what gets me about it is how many people make excuses for her. they all say the same thing, "your daughter's last name is (blank) so she thinks your last name should be (blank) as well." know what i think? i think that's narrowminded crap. assuming, especially in this day and time, that the child and mother would have the same last name is archaic and foolish. not to mention the fact that I HAVE TOLD HER ON AT LEAST HALF A DOZEN OCCASIONS THAT SHE IS CALLING ME BY THE WRONG DAMN NAME!
so, naturally, this morning when she waved bye to me and said "Bye, Mrs. (wrong-name)" i could not stop myself from smiling and swearing at her under my breath. which is better than getting out of the car and slapping her and wringing her neck all the while screeching that my name is not Mrs. (wrong-name) it's Mrs. (right-name) like i really, really wanted to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. I can understand the mistake the first time, but to continue to call you by the wrong name after being corrected more than once...total disrespect. The times they are a changin' and that person needs to come to grips...lol. :)

Carrie said...

glad to know i'm not the only one!!