4.08.2006

if only...

this is my newest painting. i did this for my friend Heather. her family has had to go through difficulties that most of us would shudder to even think about. as of late, her family has been torn apart from the inside and it has caused damage with everyone that she loves. this painting is my expression of her loss. the background is meant to look like mosaic pieces, little shards of glass that make up her life. they are sharp, yet some a brighter than others showing that for every bright, sharp piece, there are dull ones that didn't hurt so bad. the darkness is the pain that she and her family are feeling now. it rips across their lives in an ugly and intruding way. and finally, the drops across the page are for the tears that she has been to brave to let show. they are the tears of her sons, her mate, her soul.

Heather has taught me a lot of things in our short, but precious, friendship. she has taught me about loving like no one else, she taught me to be stronger and fight for me and those i love. she taught me that no matter what pain i have had before, that i could rise above it, i could own it and that i could be more than what i thought i could. i love her dearly. i cannot imagine my life without her in it, not now. she is vital and beautiful and wonderful and strong and she is a star. do you hear me? you are a star... always.

i love you and mate man and your fabulously strong children. i know that sometimes i don't have the answers you need, but you told me that creating, painting our own world, is how you get through it all. so here is my painting, for you and all you are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The painting and the post are absolutely phenomenal. What a wonderful message to share with others.

I have tears and I'm almost speechless...

Heather said...

*with tears* Thank you, you wonderful thing you. I love the work, I am so proud of you, the wonder of you. I can't imagine my life without you in it, not now...either. You don't need any answers baby, just keep on being you...that's all I'll ever ask for or need...just you the way you are...all that and a bag of chips. Very Very Good Work too, painting from the gut, I like, I like...how did it feel to be there, and paint that feeling out for someone else? It's really beautiful, but that's the magic of living in the moment right? Crippling pain/constant joy, it can happen, it can be true, and as you have shown it can be beautiful.
Thank you my Red Headed Hottie painter GRRRRL FRIEND, just...you.
Heather