4.23.2006

Sparkle Series

Sparkle Series
by
Pinky!
Lavender AB Glass Beads with
Sterling Spacer and Toggle Clasp.
$12.99
I woke up this morning in not the best of moods. I was tired, too tired, and I have things to do.
So, I sat outside with a cup of coffee and a cigarette and watched the world.
It was unusually quiet outside and I got to thinking about what people do on Sunday morning. For most people that live here, they get ready to go to church. So until the 11:00 service, the entire town is silent and waiting.
That's how I came up with the idea of the Sparkle Series. There will be more lavender pieces added and some blue pieces as well. Every Sunday this town lives in silence waiting to go somewhere they may or may not want to be going. There is little spark and little light.
I remember going to church as a child and those silent mornings were full of dread and anger, suprisingly. More times than I can think of, fights erupted from my family because someone didn't want to go to church, or didn't want to wear those clothes, or we were running late and then we had to sin in order to get to church on time.
It wasn't fun.
There was no Spark.
So, I have created this series in order for people to continue to fulfill their SouthenWay duties,
but have Light and Spark that they can show on the outside.
Show your shine, show your Inner Spark.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Amen From The Back!!! I'll testify on that Sistah!...bring on the sparkle of faith back to our churches and souls...great series, and I love the idea behind them being the talismans of "Divine Sparkle" back into all our souls, bits of our inner bright and shiny proudly worn from the wrist of the world worn and bone tired lives we all sometimes have to live through.
Very inspirational.
Love, Heather