7.11.2006

Are you ready?

I didn't post the changes yesterday because everything had not been completed yet. So here are the changes:

I put in my notice today at work to become a full time artist and mom!!

WHEW! That felt good to let out!! I have some other things that I've been working on, but that's been the biggest. It's a little scary and a lot exciting. I've never been able to stay home with my daughter and she's going to be six in 2 months. And, I really love creating but it's hard to do when you're pushing 40 hours for someone else. So, after much (read: more-than-you-can-imagine) discussions between my husband and I, we decided to go for it.

So, now that you know the big news, go buy some jewelry! I'm out of a job! HAHAHAHA!!

6 comments:

Sweet and Salty said...

How exciting!!!!

I wish you the best.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Pinky! That is fantastic news! Really really great to hear that. You and your family are going to love it even if you don't have as much money at your disposal. You're children only grow up once and for you to be able to see and experience more of it will be a treasure to both of you. Not to mention how valuable it is that you are taking care of your daughter more than other people.

Oh I'm so happy for you! Off to check out your store!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and P.S, I hope you're going to start selling your paintings. ;) Remember that tree one?? Me likie...a lot. ;)

Carrie said...

Both of you are just too wonderful!! Big cyber hugs all around!!

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

Oh, Pinky, CONGRATULATIONS. What a gutsy move :D I know you'll succeed; with that much talent, how could you not! Best of luck and many, many, many sales. Most important, be happy!

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

Oh, forgot. Over a decade ago, my husband and I had a similar conversation, except I had to quit for health reasons and could not provide any additional income to make up for what we lost (mine was the higher income). We've done just fine! And so will you. It's amazing how your "needs" adjust with your income.