8.01.2006

I'm not sure where to start...


Let's see, the trip was fantastic! We stayed up waaaaay too late and talked more than I have talked in years. It was good and we needed it. Nothing like beer and laughter to bring a group of old friends together. I spent the day with Jeanie (HEY JEANIE!!!) shopping in Gatlinburg and we had to drag ourselves out of there. Neither one of us are big shoppers, but when we are, oh boy! Can we shop! We found some great stuff, ate giant pizza slices, and I gorged myself on funnel cake. It was great!! We loved the cabin we were in and decided that this would become an annual thing, at that same cabin. Wonderful, just wonderful.

The cat is glad we are home. I know she was pissed at us for the duration of our trip. My mom in law picked her up and took her to the vet to get fixed. Man, we seemed terrible to her. "Hey! We're leaving you and some strange lady is going to come get you and have your guts cut out! Bye! Have a good weekend!!" Yeah, she was mad. But, she is glad we are home and her surgery went well. Lots of love for us now that we are back.

Yesterday was my official last day of work and I'm still not up to talking about it. Those guys are like family to me and it was, well, it was just harder than I thought it would be. I'm still feeling that loss and imagine I will be for a day or more. In the meantime, I'm working to create some new pieces. I am WAY behind and I'm hoping to get some new stuff out soon.

I'm glad to be home. Vacation is great, but I missed everybody and I missed my house and I'm just glad to be back in Mississippi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your cat is doing well and I hope you gave her/him a nice treat after her/his ordeal! :)

Glad to hear that you had a great time as well...makes for fond memories! Looking forward to seeing some pictures!