8.02.2006

Who needs coffee?

When I have tea! I don't know what started it, but I prefer to drink hot tea early in the mornings. I can't seem to make a pot of coffee that won't make your hair fall out, but I blame that on the guys I worked with. You make enough pots of Cop Coffee and soon that's all you can make.


I'm still adjusting to making my own schedule. I'm not used to that, I've been on other people's time for so long that I just crammed me in where I could. Yesterday was hard on me because I lacked direction and that led to frustration. Which led to "what have I done? I can't work from home!" and then panic hit me around four o'clock. I don't like that feeling of not knowing what to do next and how to do everything in a day. So, I've decided to get a kitchen timer and make blocks of time for certain tasks until I get a rhythm.

That may sound nuts, but I could tell you what I did every day at almost the exact same time, without fail. At any rate, I have some work to do on myself and on being okay with being at home and being with me. That's the hardest thing to get used to. I know how to be mom, office manager, wife, daughter, sister, etc. But, I have sorta forgotten what it's like to be just me. I suppose there no time like the present to start finding out.

4 comments:

RedNeckGirl said...

I think we as women get so caught up in the needs of others we do forget how to be ourselves or what we want or even need. Have fun finding yourself.....I am trying to do the same. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. :-)

Anonymous said...

I think it is absolutely beyond fantastic that you finally have some time for the all important you! You go Pinky! It may feel strange at first, but I truly believe that you will REALLY grow to value this time.

I think it's essential that you plan your days events out to help yourself get used to this new lease on life.

I'm so excited for you and for myself knowing how much more I'll be able to see and read of the wonderful things you will be accomplishing! I'll say it again "You go Grrrrl!"

Tones of love!

Sweet and Salty said...

I think the kitchen timer was a wonderful idea. Anything to help you through the beginning of your new adventure.
Go Pinky Go! Go Pinky Go!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

In no time at all you will adjust to your new lifestyle, we humans are very adaptable! Remember to just enjoy the fact that you don't have to follow a rigid schedule anymore. I know what you mean, I was in the same boat (work wise) and then became a SAHM...but of course back then I had babies to care for. Now, the kids are older and really don't need me ALL the time, but my crafting is taking up more of my time. One thing is certain and that is that things change...all the time! Try and relax and go with it. It's gonna be great.