10.30.2006

The Weekend

Hello everyone! I have had a busy few days! Friday, baby girl had a Halloween party at school and I went to help. Lord love teachers! I don't know how they do it all the time. We had crafts and a big party. It was a TON of fun!! I think I got hugged a hundred times! After I picked her up from school, we played outside. It was really, really windy, so we got out the giant dragon kite. Sadly, it was too windy to really fly it so we just blew up a beach ball instead and let the wind kick it around the yard while we chased it. Too fun!

I dropped baby girl off with my mom in law and hubby and I headed to Jackson, Mississippi. We got there pretty late so we snagged a room and some food. We stayed at the Hilton and were pampered by the big room and smushy bed. We gorged ourselves on Krystal burgers. I know, real fancy, huh? But we don't have one here anymore and we both adore Krystal's, so it was a treat for us.

Saturday we got up, checked out and headed out for adventures. I told hubby I wanted to take some pictures around Jackson. I saw this one the night before so we went back in the daytime so I could get it.

100_2241

It's on a sloped street, don't think I was drunk taking the picture. Then I saw this place and just had to have pictures of it. There was just something cool and strange about it.

100_2245

100_2247

When I was taking pics of that, I notice the Magnolia Towers. You could see that at some point, it was a really swank place to live. With it's crazy Art Deco blue and sleek design. The lettering was just so pretty I had to get a pic of it. It feels a little sad now because you can see the age and neglect hanging on it. Still, I can imagine what a place it used to be.

Magnolia Towers
Magnolia Towers

After we left here, we headed to the Belhaven Market. It's a cool little neighborhood place that has a craft fair every Saturday. There is a girl from Etsy that sells her stuff there and I was really hoping to see her. We just missed her, but I did get to see some old friends and buy two new pendants from them. Click on Vindauga Gallery in my links and you can see some of the awesome stuff they create. Wonderful people and it was a joy to see them again.

We ate lunch at a place called the Cherokee Inn. Man, it was kinda strange and dirty looking. It was octagonal in shape, but OMG at the food. They had the BEST fried mushrooms and onion rings that I have ever tasted. Big hamburgers with thick bacon slices, oh it was divine. We were a little stuffed after that, but we headed back downtown so I could take a few more shots.
This is my favorite:

Mirror Images

I've uploaded the rest to my Flickr account so you can see all of them. There is a few really cool ones of a church and the building you see reflected. It has gargoyles on it and that's just cool. It was starting to get late so we headed back towards home.

But FIRST! I got to stop at the GIANT Hobby Lobby and look at all the beads and stuff. WOO! We got back on the road and pulled over so I could take this shot:

One World, One Time

It's foggy because there was lint on my camera lense and I blew on it. It was getting cool outside, so it stayed foggy. The picture is part of a worldwide project called One World, One Time. We are designated a specigic GMT time frame, adjust it to our time zones, and all around the world, we stop and take a picture at that same time. VERY cool. So this is the shot I got.

Sunday was a lazy day. We didn't do much and that was just fine with all of us. Well, I better scoot. I have to go to the hospital to do pre-admissions paperwork and have the vampires take my blood. Then, I have a teacher conference this afternoon. OH! and baby girl doesn't have school today, so she will be in tow. Busy, busy!!

OH! Speaking of Vampires, all you Nora Robert's fans, don't forget that the final book in the Circle Trilogy comes out tomorrow!! WOOO!! I'm super excited!!! Okay, I really have to go now. Hugs and love!! ~Pinky!

13 comments:

RedNeckGirl said...

Sounds like ya'll had fun....great pics....went to the flickr too.

Thanks again for my special order......can't wait to see it!!!

And to all my fellow bloggers....go to pinky's store and shop for the holidays....it's quick and painless...much better than all those crowds and lines.

Carrie said...

Hey RG! Thank you for the business plug, I sure could use it! I can't wait for you to get your stuff, too! :)

Glad to see you around again. I know you've been busy. Hang in there girl!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pinky,

I agree with RNG, buy from Pinky. :)

Love the pic of the building reflected and you sound so relaxed and refereshed after your trip.

Anonymous said...

Great pics. I love the multi colored house..wonder what their neighbors think of it..LOL it looks like you had a much needed wonderful time..don't let those vamps take too much..and thanks for the reminder abotu Nora's book..love the trilogy so far..take care. oh yeah almost forgot...go check out the really cool carved pumpkins I posted..amazing..see ya..m

X said...

Those are some awesome pics! Looks like a good time :P

Carrie said...

HEY BRIAN!!! ((SMUSH)) Thank you for the business plug, too! I do feel a lot better, I needed that trip more than I realized.

((MADD)) I love that house, it's so cool looking! Fortunately there are enough eclectic people in Jackson, I'm sure the neighbors don't mind. I'll go see the pumpkins!

Hey Left Field! I was happy to get the shots and I was pleased with how they all turned out. It was fun!!

FelineFrisky said...

What a wonderful trip you had! You DO sopund relaxed. Great shots, you're darned good with a camera.

I love browsing your shop! Too much I want! LOL what's new with that? LOL

Diane :)

Bare said...

What wonderful pictures! It looks like ya'll had a wonderful time! :0)

BarnGoddess_01 said...

OMG!! I am a HUGE Nora Roberts fan. I am looking forward to this book too :)

great pics by the way. It looks like you had a wonderful weekend.

Happy Halloween!! be safe :)

Anonymous said...

I love that house! I would like to meet the people who live there. What a statement!

I also like your photograph of the glass building and the reflection of the neo-classical one. That is too cool.

Glad to hear you had a good weekend!

Tracy said...

OHHHH I already started reading the third book, called "Valley of Silence" I love her books! The third book came out early here.... I was so thrilled. I am glad you had a great trip!
Happy Halloween. HOpe you and your family have a fun one.

Anonymous said...

That last pic was awesome!

I like the useage of the reflection in the pic.

I think we have Krystal burgers here, but we call them White Castle burgers, and if they aren't the same, they are very similar. Just ask and we'll send you some ;)

Anonymous said...

I just got that book... wasn't it great!!!! hope your surgery goes well.