3.28.2007

I did something cool today!

I CUT OFF ALL MY HAIR!!

Seriously, I did. I'm donating it to Locks Of Love! They are a non-profit organization that makes wigs for children who have lost their hair due to any number of illnesses. You have to have at least 10 inches to donate and we cut just over 11 off my hair! WOW! And because my hair is so thick, we had to cut it into two pony tails so that more of my hair will actually be used! I'm so excited!! Here are the before and afters (not one word about my pudgy arms, I'm working on it!):





I took the last picture at home and even though it's a little dark , ahem DAD, it's a pretty good shot of how it looks. What I can't wait to see is what it will look like after I wash it. My hair actually has a lot of curl to it, but it's been so long, and I had to condition it so much, all the curl just about pulled out of it. SO I know when I wash it, it's going to be crazy with curls!!! Well, I guess I better start working on dinner. Hugs-N-Luv!! ~Pinky!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((Pinky))))

It looks great!!!! Arms??? I don't see no arms. :)

Love you

Carrie said...

YAY!! I'm so glad you like it!! And thank you for not looking at my smushy arms.

HUGS!!!

Anonymous said...

Woot! Congrats! I think it looks fantastic! Very healthy and for such a good good cause. Way to go Pinky! :)

P.S I'm with Brian...I don't see no arms either!

Jared May said...

Good for you. You've made for some happy people. That's awesome.

madd said...

((PINKY)) you are amazing and I just love you..by the way I would love to see your hair all curly..kool..love and big hugs..m

Carrie said...

Hey Amber!! It feels a LOT better and now I can go get my passport photo! HA! (glad you don't see smushy arms either!!) HUGS!!

Hi Jared!! thank you!! I'm really excited about doing this and I hope that someone is just as happy to receive it!

MADD!! You darling, you!! Don't worry, I'll take pictures of it when I wash it so you can see the curl craziness!! WOO!! HUGS and love to you, too!!

Unknown said...

It looks great! Well done you for doing something so great. (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Pinky.

(((SMUSH))))

Btw, you don't need a passport to visit me. ;)

Rose

xo

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful! So sophisticated.

Carrie said...

Hey Christine!! Well, I'm not brave enough to do a HUGE walk in my bra, but I could do this. :) Hope you are well!HUGS

(((ROSE))) I know that! HUGS and soon, dear, soon. :)

Hi Felicia! Thank you! That's what I wanted, something a little more sophisticated and I'm glad you said that. YAY!!

julatkinson said...

LofL is a great cause. Added bonus, you hair looks SUPER CUTE!!

Carrie said...

Hey Nurse Julie!! J.T. was happy with it and I'm hoping it will curl up like yours!! WOO!!

G said...

I LOVE your new do!!! And for such a great cause (and might I add a beautiful hair color).

As to your arms - the better to hug you with my dear.

RedNeckGirl said...

You look amazing! The cut is great and it looks as if you've lost weight! What a great cause pink! You're the greatest! Love and many many HUGS!

Cynthia said...

Wow!!! Your hair, both the before and after looks amazing! It's such a beautiful color. I think your new do is very flattering.

Locks of Love is a great organization too.

Anonymous said...

Our oldest son did the same thing! He grew out his hair for about 2-3 years, then cut it all off last summer, for locks of love.

Sweet and Salty said...

You are one very good looking gal, short or long hair.

FelineFrisky said...

WooHoo! YOu GO! Congrats!

What a fantastic, kind and gentle heart you have! D :)

Carrie said...

HI! I wasn't trying to ignore the rest of you guys, I just haven't sat down long enough to read comments. SHAME ON ME! I'm so glad you all like it and it was so much fun dropping off my hair at the post office!

I have to get shots of it today, it's all curly and crazy. I realllllly like it. Hope everyone is well!! HUGS TO ALL OF YOU!!