3.05.2007

New Work!


My two newest pieces! If you want to know what the first one is, then click the picture to go to my shop. OR I could just tell you that it's a new scarf that I made! It's snuggly and fuzzy and SUPER soft!! And looooong. I made this one a touch over 5 feet! And the bracelet just reminded me of spring. Happy colors and clear skies all the way.

The past few days have been really busy for us, so I'm sorry I haven't stopped by or updated! Grandma C's funeral was on Friday and it was really beautiful. We ate dinner at her house, which was a small miracle in itself because it has been shut up for 17 years. Stunning place, steeped in history. I got a chance to really get to know her better, I had never met her in person because she had been so ill the last four or five years. It was a bittersweet day but beautifully done.

I took a week off from house #2 because I was starting to hate it over there. I figured if I took some time, maybe I wouldn't have to urge to get my gun and shoot the paint cans off the porch. Yeah, it was getting to that point. So, we're back over there today. Sigh, I don't think I'm ready, but hey, what can I do.

Alright, I've got to get moving or this day is going to start without me. Hope everyone is well and I will check back in later today!! HUGS and love ~ Pinky!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

What lovely pretty bright colours! Definitely a Spring bracelet :)

Hope you have a good day. x

Anonymous said...

(((Pinky)))

You need a break, a spring break in Florida. ;)

Thanks for the info on the scarf, at first I thought you had made a furry/fuzzy bracelet. LOL

Have a relaxing time at house #2, remember, it is only a house, it is only a house.

Love you. :)

BarnGoddess_01 said...

oh, I like the bracelet! very colorful

thats good that Grandma C's funeral was nice and y'all were able to meet at her house.\

have a super Monday!

Anonymous said...

Great new look my friend...very bright and cheery. :)

Glad to hear from you and see your new stuff. It looks very happy and fresh!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I JUST noticed that you put my BLuRr ZoNe blog in your links... you sneaky lady! I haven't really officially launched it yet, but no worries...I was going to today. You are TOO funny! HUGS!

Good luck at the new house today and I'm with Brian, it's just a house. I think it's the work it's causing you that you want to shoot...hehehe, but it might be hard to aim at that.

FelineFrisky said...

Girl! More beautiful items from your talented hands!

That scarf is about 4 inches shorter than me! LOL

Love the bracelet! It IS spring cheerfule! Love the rainbow effect.

Just remember, on the house, it is almost done, it's almost done! You'll be living there in no time and you will be so very happy.

D :)

Oral said...

The scarf is cool. Makes me think "hippie".

Sweet and Salty said...

I love those! Those colours are beautiful...

Great work, Pinky, as always...

Bare said...

What beautiful colors! I'm so sorry to hear of the passing, *I know I've said that before, but I'm still sorry :0(

Anyway, I bet it was a good time (well as good as it can be in this situation) having dinner in her home. It's amazing what you can find out about someone from their home-- and a home that's been closed up for 17 years, I bet that was an experience.

Glad to hear you're taking some time off from house #2. We don't need to have to go bail you outta jail for shooting paint cans (even if they are on your own property) ;0)

Carrie said...

::waves at everyone::

I'm just running through. We had so much going on yesterday and I am worn out today. Hope everyone is well!! I'll try to get around today! HUGS!

Meow Meow said...

Enjoyed your lovely work~

Keep it up.

Thanks for sharing. = )

G said...

Beautiful scarf! And charming bracelet! Your shop is looking great and all your new editions are each so unique.

It's nice when you can come a way from somebody's funeral uplifted, with a sense of the person. That's how we continue on - in the hearts of others.

Oral said...

Good luck with the moving. Let's not kill anyone...remember as s-l-o-w- d=e=e=p breathes

Cynthia said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma C! It sounds like you celebrated and had a lovely tribute to her life.

I'm definitely looking forward to spring!