4.12.2007

Diddy, don't look!

I told my dad that I wouldn't post new pictures because he had to come over to see the house. BUT, I wanted to show you guys, so maybe he won't look. I doubt it, but maybe. We've got 2 new rugs, one for the living room one for the dining room, a new sectional sofa, the blinds are up (they're bamboo, too) and I got a cool new privacy screen and lamp. So here are the pictures to show you. Oh, yeah, I still have to make the draperies, so there will be something there soon. Also, I have boo-coodles of art that is going in there. This is just the nice bones of the it all. Ignore my hubby, he wouldn't move for the shots.


New Sectional!!
I'm going to recover the throw pillows, they are a little light colored for the room. They need a little more punch to them, I just haven't found the right fabric.



Rug in the living room part. It's snuggly!!!



Detail of the privacy screen. We had planned on using this as it is intended, but when we hauled it out of the box at 56kgs, we decided to put it behind the sofa. It's really, really pretty and filled that blank space nicely. (and I don't have to try to move it ever again)



Dining room rug. We are getting the dining room set from Grandma C that passed away not too long ago. It's oak with very intricate carvings in it. I'll post pictures of that once I clean it and we get it settled.

Okay! There you are!! I finished wallpapering the kitchen, the new counter top in the bathroom went down, I organized Miss Pinky's room so that we just have to plop her bed in there when it's time and we're going to paint in my studio room today so that I can move into it soon, too. It's going well and going fast!! But for now, I've got to get Miss Pinky up for school and get ready myself. HUGS and tons of love!! ~Pinky!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two words.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok that's one.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

((((Pinky))))

Anonymous said...

Yup, just like a guy. The girl does all the work, and he gets tired. Sound familiar Brian?

Rose

xo

Meow Meow said...

Again the floors are simply GORGEOUS!

I like the sofa and the pillows. They are PURTY!

You really sound as if you are making progress...YEAHHHHH

Thank you for sharing the pics.

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic and very cozy and comfortable!

Unknown said...

Looking great Pinky, very cozy. x

Anonymous said...

beautiful! absolutely beautiful.

I bet you are so happy :)

way to go, you deserve it

BarnGoddess
http://ramblingsfromthereservation.wordpress.com/

Heather said...

Wow...I have not checked in in a while and the house looks great! I knew those bamboo floors would rock your world...congrat's on the new digs, I know you will all be happy there it's a beautiful home.

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous!! You've been mighty busy and it sure has paid off.

Carrie said...

Hey Ladies and Brian!! I'm glad you all like the look of it, it's really coming along nicely. We are in the home stretch. I want to be in by my 31derful birthday and that's in the middle of May, maybe we can pull it off. Maybe....

Jared May said...

Looks great :)

julatkinson said...

Lookin' faboo chica!! We'll have to come see your new digs next time we're in the Vegas!

much love.

G said...

Your place looks stunning - enjoy. Oh, I could get a good nap in on that sectional, oh yes.

Zoey said...

That is a dream couch! Holy crap! But tell your Hubby to get those boots off the carpet! ;) LOL!

You sound so excited and happy...YAY! I'm happy and excited for you too!

Say hi to everyone for me and congrats on all the hard work! :)

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Wow--very luxe and elegant!! Gorgeous! Yeah!

Smiles, Karen

Carrie said...

HI! I'm sorry I haven't responded! BAD Pinky!! I've been nutty as a jar of extra crunchy peanut butter. See? Normal Pinky would have NEVER said that!! Sheesh!!

I'm so glad you all like the sofa, it could not be more comfortable. All the throw pillows are made with goose down, so they are snuggly, too. YAY!! I'll post more house pictures soon, we're almost done with my studio!!