11.20.2007

Mood Swings

I've been a little, ahem, testy since I quit smoking. Mainly because I don't know how to take moment to go chill out. Before, if I was getting to stressed, I would dash outside, have a smoke and come back in a little calmer. Right now, I feel like my brains are being scrambled. I've been a little moody and a LOT stressed.

The holiday season is in full swing at my store and it's a little nuts in there. I don't think we are all prepared for it. In fact, I know we're not. Some days, we are so busy that we don't get to any of the work that we are supposed to be doing. We don't eat lunch until 3 in the afternoon sometimes! I've done a few interviews and I think I found a girl I like. I sure hope she works, because I need someone in there NOW.

I'm still making jewelry, although I took a break. I started making things because it was the "trend" or because some of my younger staff thought a design would look good. You know what, I started hating everything I made. I never made jewelry to follow trends, I made it because I liked to. So, I've gone back to doing what I want. I'm also making rings now. One of these days, I'll get my photo dock so that I can post pictures.

Well, I have to get to work, too much work, not enough time. Hope you are all well!
~Pinky

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad business is going well although it's not good being too busy to eat and stressed. Wish I could come work for you :)
And I know what you mean about trying to follow trends etc. I'm much happier making things that I like rather than trying to follow a trend and I think my work is usually better for it.
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

((((((Hugs))))))

Glad the store is busy and you're doing so well, testiness aside. Hope y'all have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Rose

xo

Anonymous said...

((((SMUSHES)))))

Enjoy the book my friend. We've missed you too, but hopefully, maybe we'll get to meet soon.

Love you

Sweet and Salty said...

Hang in there, Pinky. I believe in you and know you have enough will power to conquer everything!

Have a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving with your family.

Amber said...

I know it's tough, but you can do it!! Don't let the nicotine win! :) I know what you're going through in spades and I know how it can play on your mind. When you want to take a break, sit back and imagine all the wonderful things in your life..recharge those batteries, and remember how much we all love you!

Meow Meow said...

I understand the stress of not smoking. I used to be a smoker. It calmed me down if I was upset or frustrated. It also gave me a few minutes of me time...no one would bother me....

Deep breathing exercises help maybe a tic tac of a mint attempted to hold me over.

mindtwister said...

Congrats on quitting smoking and being so busy this season with the store. You make great things so you should be busy. Like everyone else said though, don't hesitate to take a break and grab a bite to eat or a breath of fresh air :)