7.28.2008

I'm still kicking... barely

Well, folks, it seems as if this pregnancy has really knocked me down for the count. Last week, hubs and I went to the Dr. on an impromptu visit. Needless to say, we were there a while. I'd been hurting for a day and a half and it hadn't stopped even with me being a sloth and laying around. I was concerned that this little baby was trying to show up a little early. Thankfully, I an not in pre-term labor, but I do have Round Ligament Pain. Basically, all the ligaments that surround my uterus and run up the sides of my stomach are inflamed. It happens in some pregnancies and our son is BIG, so the Dr. wasn't that surprised it happened to me.

Here's where it gets fun. There is nothing they can do for it other than pain meds. The doc said, "round ligament pain hurts!" He also pointed out that it won't get any better any time soon. Because the baby is getting bigger, so am I and so the ligaments get pulled even more. The best thing to do is lay around like a beached, pregnant whale for the next nine weeks. I can do whatever I want, this doesn't in any way affect the baby, but I have to be willing to deal with some pain if I want to keep running around like I have been.

Of course, pain is temporary and I have a tendency to push things too far, so you know at some point, I'll hurt myself again. The doc did say that the baby is already at least FOUR POUNDS! With 2 months still to go, he's gonna be a big one. That's okay, hubs just wants to know what school he's going to play football for. HA!

I don't seem to have any tummy shots for you!!! I'm going to have to take one because I am, hold on to your chairs, four feet around! Yep!! The circumference of my tummy is four, freaking, feet!!!! Craziness. I'll try to take a shot today and let you all see the jumbo baby! Well, I do have to go to work for a little bit this morning, so I better go. Hugs and love and I miss you guys a lot.

Pinky


4 comments:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

FOUR FICKIN' FEET????!!! HOLEY crap Pinky! I'm sorry to hear about the pain, though...hang in there sweety!
Smiles and big (gentle) hugs!!
Karen

Unknown said...

Wow, your bump is big! Take it easy, sorry to hear about the pain x

Sweet and Salty said...

Wow!!! Are you sure there aren't two or even three kids in there? (smile)

Take care of yourself and find yourself a nice beach!

Carrie said...

Thanks for the love guys! Yeah, there is only one, but he's a BIG one! I'll post pictures soon. HUGS! (if I can reach you)