12.31.2008

Goodbye 2008

So here it is, the end of another year. I once again find myself sitting here wondering "where did it all go?" But I know the answer to that. I was pregnant for most of it, then the rest has been filled with baby-ness.

I was folding Mr. Man's laundry yesterday and I was thinking about how often I fold up his and Miss Pinks, I make sure it gets put up and that the house is mostly clean. I do what I can but it could be mopped more often. I try to make sure that Miss Pinks has her favorite juice and afternoon snacks and that Hubs has all his favorite foods, too. I make sure there are clean towels and that we never run out of hand soap/ toothpaste/ body wash/ shampoo.

I know that I don't always come out on top and that sometimes I'm a real pill to deal with, but I try. I try to take care of my family everyday. I make sure they all get hugs and kisses and comfort. I try to lend an ear for Hubs anytime he needs me to. I help with homework and I make sure baths are just right, not too hot.

I don't usually make resolutions but I think this year I'm going to try to treat myself a little better too. I put me last and I have got to quit doing that. Yes, I am a mom, wife, employer, friend, sister, daughter. But, I am ME above all else and I think it's time I remember that.

My 2008 was filled with so many wonderful and amazing things, I don't think I have to wherewithal to write it all down. So, I'll just say that it was grand. I have a new son, I have a spectacular daughter, I have a loving husband and a thriving business. May 2009 be blessed, too.

Cheers! and Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

This post reminds me of the exact reason why I started reading your blog in the first place. Warmth and friendliness just emanates from you. You are a true inspiration!

I'm glad 2008 was a good one for you! And all the best to you and your family for 2009! Keep on blogging!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Amen....God Bless You....and the Happiest and Healthiest New Year to you and your family.
Smiles, Karen