11.08.2005

birthday boy

will you just look at the handsome man in that picture? isn't he a hottie?!!? well, that hottie happens to be my husband and today is his birthday. he thought that i was neglecting to write about him on here, but i had something special planned for today.
if i could, i would scream from the rooftops about how wonderful this guy is. first of all, we have been friends for nearly 10 years. during that time, we have seen some rough roads and he has helped me down quite a few of them. he is the kind of friend everyone wants to have. he's generous with his time, he listens and (girls, you won't believe this) i can ask him what he's thinking and he will actually tell me!! that, my friends, is awesome. He is loving and kind and every friend he has says the same thing: they would die for him. that is some kind of tight.
Secondly, let me tell you what a Prince Charming he is. I was being a giant spaz on our wedding day because i didn't know where he was, no one did. come to find out, he was buying us a brand new Jeep so that we could travel anywhere i wanted for our honeymoon. he showed up with the Jeep and a load of travel books, parked us on a rise and said "that way is north, that way is west. which way do you want to go?" cool? damn right.
Finally, he is unbelievably loving and kind. he not only made vows to me, but to my daughter as well, to be a good father. let me tell you, there aren't a whole lot like that anymore. he opens doors for me, he brings me lunch every day so that we can spend time together. he tells me that i'm beautiful when my teeth aren't brushed and my hair is rivaling Medusa's. he takes me to the park to show my cool things he saw. he makes me listen to the comedy channel on XM Radio, not to annoy me, but to hear me laugh. one time, when i was having a particularly bad spot in my life, he took me out to the lake and told me to hold my arms out. he told me to hear the water, to feel the air blowing my hair, to listen to the rustle of the leaves in the trees. then he pressed his hands to mine and whispered in my ear, "you are never alone. in all the things you see, hear and feel, i will always be with you." and he has.
happy birthday, johnny angel. you know how much i love you.

1 comment:

Chloe' Gardner said...

How precious! I wish you both a liftime of happiness! :0)

PS: Thanks so much for posting on my blog :0) Nice to meet you! :0)