11.29.2005

five? or fifteen?

well, we survived the holiday. actually, it went pretty well. i got to go to a real mall, eat bison burgers with my mom, look over an entire city with my husband, watch movies with my dad, visit with the best aunt in the universe and fly airplanes with my daughter until my arms hurt. so, yeah, it went fantastic.
then we came home.
i don't know when it was that my daughter decided she needed to be a smart mouthed, fifteen year old, but she brought it ALL out for me yesterday. after ample room cleaning time ( i'm talking 2 weeks here) she decided that it wasn't that important. in fact, when i came back upstairs with a garbage bag, she just sat there. i mean, hello!! i'm throwing your toys away and you don't even try to save them. (no, i'm not really throwing them away, but i did sack some of them up and take them out of the room) in fact, she told me that i missed one!! can you believe that??? then after my tirade, i came back upstairs to find her shoes in the middle of the floor!! i'm thinking that there is no way, no way, that she would have just thrown them there after the gigantic fit i just had. so, i ask her why the shoes are there. DO YOU KNOW WHAT SHE SAID TO ME?!?! HUH? DO YOU?!?!?! "I thought that you could just pick them up."
as you can imagine it is at this point that i have to be rushed to the hospital because of the aneurysm that i just had. she's only five!! i wasn't that much of a smart ass until later in life, like when i could drive so my mom couldn't kill me. sheesh! so we have come to a family agreement that stipulates that she only has one thing in the whole wide world to clean and that is her room. if no room cleaning occurs, there will be time-outs followed by Chinese water torture and a good, old fashioned, Indian burn.

4 comments:

Chloe' Gardner said...

That would've been about the time my Daddy would take off his belt and I would take off running. I'm not sure as you to your personal decision on spanking, but I can tell you this, all it took was once- my Daddy busted my ass with a belt, and I can tell you, anytime I was bad and he even acted as if he was going to take off his belt- I did whatever they said! Best of luck :0)

Carrie said...

i'm cool with spanking when it's needed. sometimes, you can just talk sternly at her and she bursts into tears. then there are the other times when i can spank her and she just looks at me like it didn't even hurt.

my dad had the belt thing, too. i don't know that i ever got spanked with it, it just scared the bejesus out of me!

Criminal Minds Fan said...

I have a 14 year old daughter and I can totally understand what you are going through! Good luck to both of us!

Heather said...

Pinky...dig this...the Narrow one (aka my 16 year old manling) says to me after I have just told him that he was now moving into "commando Parenting" mode....all he had to do was stop talking....I said "I',m gonna take everything out of your room that you have except 7 days worth of cloths (my choice) and his bed! And he could just danm well earn them back.!!"
He looked at he (down at his almost 6 foot tall mom) and said, "Do what you have to do, I'll just do what I have always done, I'll get smarter and sneakier."

Really...once I could see colors again....and I had done a few laps around the culd-de-sac....I told him fine...I was going to think about it, and he can damn well bet that I'll be getting smarter while I'm thinking too...I want to beat his ass...bad. In the front yard so the hood can see that Narrow back talking little shit...getting his ass whiped with a switch that he brought me....but us Southern Gals...that were raised rough...mostly, the more civil I am to you...the more you better watch your ass.

He is going to make it...but it may kill me!

Girl...she has got to learn friend mom and MOM mom...give what you get...next time she gets hungery just tell her.."Well...I thought you could just cook something up for all of us."
That'll get her thinking...kids...these days they don't know what they don't freaking know...but they know it all....rant now concluded...and a High five MOM!
Love Heather