11.23.2005

Holiday Shuffle


i'm heading home today to participate in the annual "Holiday Shuffle". it's the time of year where the shuffle begins and i try to fit every member of my family into a short time frame. if you have divorced parents, then you know what i am talking about. make room for mom because no one ever spends the holiday with her. don't forget about dad and step-mom! oh and then there is the grandmother, aunts, uncles and every other living member of my fam.
but wait! there's more!! i got married this year, so now i have MORE family to add. could it get any better?!? could it??? yes, kids it can!! please add an unhealthy dose of depression and a dash of nasty commentary provided by my grandmother. oh, and then there are the endless hours of holiday shopping in overcrowded malls!!! WOW! let me get the car started!!
granted, i enjoy seeing my family, mainly because i don't live there anymore and i can leave when i want, but it's very trying on my nerves. i'm sure that everything will go smoothly and that pigs will haul santa's sleigh this year. i suppose that since my family has already started calling so that they can get an ETA, i better go pack. let's hope i make it back in one piece.
Happy Thanksgiving!!
(this is meant to be read in a scared and wavering tone)

2 comments:

Chloe' Gardner said...

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! :0)

Carrie said...

thank! it actually went VERY well. i went shopping, which was supposed to be for my friends and family, but I bought presents for me instead!!