4.21.2006

Revival - Finished!!

Revival
Watercolors on "12 X 12" Archival Paper
So, here is the finished product. As I stated in my earlier post, I got the idea from a church revival that was being held in my neighborhood. I could hear all the singing and praising and I though about how hard people work for their salvation.
Constantly reaching up to find the soft and comfortable place they hope to find when they die. But, it's not easy. The world is full of tentacles reaching, pulling and poking into their faith. Everyday the flames of hell are reaching out to taint the souls of the people that are longing for the soft place to be in the afterlife.
********
This is the first work in progress that I have done. I've been taking a lot of bold chances putting my art out here for the world to see. It's been a little scary, but I did it.
With the help of my fantastic soul-sister Heather, I am taking control of my life. I am being brave enough to paint and create and share it with the universe.
I have more art, more soul and more inspiration to share with all of you.
So, get ready world, Pinky is spreading her wings and flying...

2 comments:

Heather said...

Perfect!
Burn baby BURN!
Wildly happy for you,
big-big
Love,
H

Anonymous said...

Wonderful painting...love the colours. :)