4.21.2006

Revival - Work in Progress



Here is my newest painting, even though I am not done with it yet. But, I thought that I would post the work in progress part of it so you could at least get an idea of where I am going with this piece.

The title came from something I heard last night while sitting on my patio. One of the churches in my neighborhood was having an outdoor revival. It was amazing to hear. The music, the voices, the loud chatter from people working themselves up for salvation. It was inspiring.

So, here is the first draft. I have to wait for the paint (damn watercolors) to dry before I add in the next layer. I should be done with it tonight.

Hoping you're having a fantastic and wondrous day.

2 comments:

Heather said...

LOVE IT...you can see the inspiration and devotion to salvation in the tone and movement, glad you told the story too, makes it even better!
Can't wait to see where you go from here with it.
Love ya...Miss Pinky, Inc....
Beaming proudly,
your friend,
Heather

Heather said...

* As a child I was a slave to my impulses, now I am a slave to my habits, as are all grown men. My bad habits must be destroyed and new furrows prepared for good seed . I will form new habits and I will be their slave*

I found this and well...thought of you...because of the slave/symantics dialouge we had earlier...I am now slave to my passion for living a full life, you my friend help keep that path clear, new habits are good, you are a good habit in my life...thanks.
H