5.20.2006

Ghost Dancing


Ghost Dancing
by:

watercolors on card stock

I'm going home for the weekend. Well for today and tomorrow at least and I have become such an obssessive blogger, I thought I should post something before I left. This is a painting that I did a while back and just forgot to post. If you look at it, you can see the little spirits dancing within the swirls. I was sitting outside, which I do a lot, and with the wind blowing all around me, I started thinking about some of the people that I have lost in my life.

Like my grandfather and my great-grandfather. Two people that shaped my life so much that I wouldn't be a strong as I am today without them. I miss them both, terribly and often look up to the sky to talk to them. I know that in some way they can hear me and know the things that I am telling them.

That's what inspired this painting. Feeling loss and missing my family. Knowing that somewhere they are dancing around, hearing my voice and kissing me with the gentle breeze of a spring morning. My great-grandfather always said that he would dance at my wedding, but he passed when I was 13. Yet when that day came, and the wind touseled my hair, I knew he was there, dancing with me.

Whenever you are feeling that loss of a loved one, remember that there is a whole universe of things that we can't explain. Those times when you are lonely or scared and a strange breeze wafts your way, just imagine the ghosts dancing with you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pinky, you made me cry! This is beyond fantastic...both the writing and the painting. I posted a bigger comment on my site so I didn't clog up yours...lol.

Wow, what a moment I had reading this...

Criminal Minds Fan said...

This is a wonderful painting. You have amazing talent. :)

Heather said...

Wonderful!
you rock, nuff said.
Love,
Heather

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»