6.05.2006

Shades of the Sea


Shades of the Sea
by:
Pinky!

available at my Etsy Shop!
My daughter is with my parents, being completely and totally spoiled. Usually, I have to plead with her to stay on the phone with me, but tonight, she wanted to chat. So we talked about her day and all the cool things she did at the waterpark. I was already missing her but this made it harder. I know she's having fun, but I still feel like I'm missing something with her.

Then, she called while I was outside and I missed her call. She left me a message telling me that she missed me and she didn't want me to be sad because she loves me. Do you have any idea how hard my heart broke at that moment? She knew I missed her and she called to tell me that she was okay and for me not to be sad.

I did get to talk to her before she went to bed. We talked about our upcoming beach trip and how much fun we are going to have. She told me that she missed me and I reminded her that no matter where she goes, I am always in her heart. I am always there with her and all she ever has to do is wrap her arms around her little body and feel me loving her from the inside out. I know she can do that and be back to normal in a moment. I'm not so good at that. So, I designed this necklace with her in mind. The beach is her favorite place to be and this is a shell she found, nothing could be more perfect to exemplify that love is always close to your heart.

5 comments:

Bare said...

That is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL necklace! You've got one great daughter! You're so blessed, and should be very proud of yourself for raising such a wonderful young lady!

And thanks so much for your prayers and support during my difficult time. It really means a lot! Thanks girl! *Hugs*

Anonymous said...

That is such a gorgeous necklace- as you will may seen in my shop, I love shells!
Thanks for your message on my blog, the boyfriend is feeling much better today.
x

Anonymous said...

This is a great piece, love the colours!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Aw, ya made me tear up a little there. Your daughter sounds so sweet and it sounds like you two have a very beautiful relationship. Yeah! The necklace is really pretty, reminds me of the beach with the shell and the colors of beach glass. Has your daughter seen it yet?

Carrie said...

My dad pulled up my site so she could see it. She was SO excited!! We're going to the beach on Saturday and we are already making plans to make more shell jewelry!!