7.08.2006

Because I'm Insane

My mind kicked into overdrive about three hours ago and it hasn't slowed much. I've had designs, patterns, ideas and a million other creative things running through my brain so fast I barely had time to process them all. I don't have a sewing machine anymore and that was becoming the crux of my evening. It seemed like everything that came into my head was something that needed to be sewn. I had to get this out some way and I was entirely to spazzy to make any jewelry. So, I did this instead:



Yep, it's a fabric door hanger that says "Go Away!" with a smattering of "Shoo!", "Bye!", "Go!" and "Leave!" scrawled all around it. I don't know if I did this to tell people to go away, or to tell the creative crack addict in my brain to go away. There's a good chance I'll do another one of these, but, you know, with some thought put into it, not just a means to get my crafty fix.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that should be standard issue for creative types!

Sweet and Salty said...

I think it's great. I wonder if my little girl would want one as a warning to her brothers?

Pavel

Bare said...

*LMAO* I love it! My mom has a doormat at the front door of their house that says "Leave", that came after her "go away" mat finally "passed away" *L* I love it! Glad to see ya girl *hugs*

übercherry said...

very nice! i know how it feels when your brain is crafting out but you just don't have the means to make certain ideas happen. thanks for the good weekend wishes over on my blog, and i'm actually working on your coasters *right now*! i'll hopefully post some pix tonight or tomorrow...i'll send you an email or something when i do. take care! :)

Cynthia said...

Very cool! My daughter digs door hangers.

Yes, I know what you mean about creative crack benders. Too many things whizzing around, not enough time or equipment to finish the job.