7.05.2006

Super tired..


Yep, that's what I am. Super tired. My eyes don't even want to open as I type this (thankgod for spell check). The first part of this month has already been rough but I am looking forward to things getting better. My great aunt has been in the hospital and this has caused me the greatest amount of stress. We are very close and seeing her in an ICU bed, all tiny with tubes everywhere, well it just upset me. She's one of the strongest women I have ever met and there is no one I have met that is like her. We don't talk on the phone, we send letters to each other. That's right, hand written letters, and she has the most terrible handwriting! There are only 3 people in my family that can read it: my dad, my husband and myself. She has lived an amazing life, so I told her while we had a moment together that if she was tired and wanted to go on, that would be okay. But if she wanted to stay here then she better get tough like she's always been and beat the sickness.

She's doing better today. Hardheaded old bird that she is, but I love her so much it hurts. I can't wait to be able to hold her hand and whisper in private like we do. There is so much that is said between me and her, without ever saying a word. But, she is 86 years young, and no matter the outcome, I will carry her in my heart every day, just as I do now.

Other than that taking up most of my brain space, I have made a few new pieces. They haven't made it to my shop yet, but I least I've got pictures of them. Here is one of my favorites. I call it Moroccan Summer:


I will try to get more pictures posted today and maybe actually get these in my shop!! In the meantime, please go visit Heather's site. She's found a farm for her family to move to, but they are trying to liquidate all their stuff for the move. In the process, she has gone completely mad and is selling her paintings at a third of their normal cost. Did you read that? A THIRD. I have tons of her stuff and the pictures on her blog don't do them justice, but go look, open your wallet and welcome her art into your home. They are loaded with magic and your life will be touched.

5 comments:

Sweet and Salty said...

What a hard thing it must have been to tell her that it would have been okay to go on, especially when you love her and she loves you. Still, God didn't make us to last forever in this life.
My mom is 62. I'm 37, on my way to being single again, with three beautiful kids that give my life so much meaning and enjoyment. Yet, losing my mom I know will be hard.
I used to be a big fan of the Canadian Rock group "Rush" and they had this great song called, "Time Stand Still."

The Chorus follows:

(Time stand still)
I'm not looking back
But I want to look around me now
(Time stand still)
See more of the people and the places that surround me now
Freeze this moment a little bit longer
Make each impression a little bit stronger
Freeze this motion a little bit longer
The innocence slips away
The innocence slips away...

Summer's going fast, nights growing colder
Children growing up, old friends growing older
Freeze this moment a little bit longer
Make each impression a little bit stronger
Experience slips away
Experience slips away...
The innocence slips away

I hope she gets better for a while so that you can hold the moment "a little bit longer."

Carrie said...

pavel, you sweet dear. I wish I could hug your precious neck. Thank you for this, I needed it, probably more that I could even admit. Thank you for stumbling across my blog and thank you even more for being such a kind and wonderful person.

Cynthia said...

I'm sorry to hear about your great Aunt, Pinky. It is so hard to see the people that we love leave us. Even though in our heads we intellectualize their age, it doesn't make it any easier. I carry my close relatives and friends who have passed on in my mind and think of them nearly every day.

Heather said...

I am sorry for your great Aunts situation health wise, but what a wealthy person she is! Rich on the inside where it counts, and it is the only thing you get to take with you when you stand
in
the
clearing
at the end of
the
path.

Be Well.
Thanks too for the plug for my art liquidation to Dream building, all though I think the pair of your aunt and my sale probably is a mix that would make your Aunt laugh...hard.
I had to laugh, because that's real life isn't it? Someone is sick and hurting somewhere, and love steps in, and some where else a new dream rises, every second of every single day, with love as it's only fuel.
Love
Heather

Carrie said...

Kiwi! I LOVE that song! As soon as I read that it popped into my head. And you are so right, the message that it carries is right on the money.

As an update, my great aunt is doing better. Still in ICU, but much better than before. She's making slow, but steady progress. Which is super good. Thanks everyone, your support has meant a great deal to me.