7.01.2006

A Study In Me

I have hundreds of pictures on my computer, almost all taken by me. You know what that means? I'm not in but about twenty. I shy away from the camera, always afraid that the flaws I see in me will be immortalized in film. I decided to push past that feeling, hard as it may be. This is how I wish most pictures looked of me:



Blurry and faceless.

But, that's not how I look. I have a face and I'm only blurry when I take my glasses off. So, I took a picture of my most favorite part of me:



Shy toes. I love my toes. But I realized as I was taking these shots, I'm still not showing me. My hair, my skin, my face as it changes when I feel things. My face in thought,



In hiding,



In confusion,



In humbleness,



And, in mischief,


I thought, perhaps, this post would seem egotistical and arrogant. But, that's not what I want. I want you to be able to see some of the faces of the author, the artist, the human behind the keyboard. Remove the curtain and reveal the wizard kind of thing. I work so hard to stay anonymous, but why? I am already so exposed by my words and my art. It's only fair that I show the rest of me, the shell in which my soul resides, and be proud of who I am.

I Am Me.

No one else has my smile, my eyes, my nose. The delicate curve of my chin or the fullness of my lips. No one else has my freckles and fading red hair. No one but Me. I'm not thin and I'm not very tall, but I am who I am and for the first time in my life,
being Me might not be so bad.

13 comments:

Sister Mary Martha said...

thanks for helping me get going.! I hope we're linked up. I joined the esty sellers ring

pancake and lulu said...

Very moving--you are so right about being faceless with our computers. I feel strangly liberated having a blog (new at it) but also nervous about exposing myself.

Anonymous said...

Yay for Pinky! I feel like I know you so much better now. :)

Very neat idea for a post and I'm proud of you for sharing so much of yourself.

Congrats!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

You are brave, and honest, and beautiful. This entry brought a tear to my eye.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos Pinky- nice to put a face to the words & beautiful jewelry!

Cynthia said...

Thanks for posting your photos! I love linking the face to the words, it makes it more personal. I hide behind a tiny avatar...a photo of me, but it's been photoshopped and in the end looks nothing like me. Maybe it's time for a new one.
You're right, we're all so much more dimensional than what is presented in public!

Carrie said...

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and kind words. I just got tired of hiding and thought I should put myself out there even more. I was a little nervous about it, but it's my face, what do I have to worry about?!?

I really do appreciate all the comments, it has meant a lot to me.

Sweet and Salty said...

Hello...
I'm new here. Just wanted to say I appreciated your post because it's important to see the person behind the words, to know that they're human with desires and feelings, and to see their beauty and uniqueness.

I plan to visit more often and learn more...

C0c0nuts said...

I wish I had the courage to post pictures of myself like you. I always feel that I look ugly and old. The past 5 years have added alot of wrinkles, beyond my 43 years. Its a great post, I hope it brings you luck !

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

Thank you for your courage and generosity in posting those pictures. It's wonderful to see the you behind your words and works :D I'm not that courageous yet . . . you'll have to contend with me at five.

Anonymous said...

Pinky, you're so pretty! I'm glad I get to put a face to the name and real ones, not the usual internet style. But if you ever feel like hinding behind a big hat or goggles, I'll share mine ;)

Anonymous said...

That was me up above *doh*

G said...

Pinky - I just came back from today's post to take a look after Pavel's mentioning this one. Such a beauty inside and out. What a great post - it really gave me an idea of who Pinky is.