9.10.2006

I haven't forgotten about the meme

We went to a birthday party yesterday and I was completely pooped from that. How can a party wear you out so much? Could it be that 10 children cracked out on sugar and party goodness just make me tired? Yes, I think that is entirely possible. My daughter wants to have a Rock and Roll birthday party which I think is cool. Until she told me that she wants me to build a stage so that she can perform. Um, no, I don't think that will be going down. I will, however, be turning our empty rental house into a giant dance hall. Streamers, balloons, records, glitter and I'm even going to make a disco ball. Oh yeah, it will be quite the Rock and Roll party.

I promised my daughter that we would make a giant pallette in the floor, eat popcorn and watch a movie of her choice (NOT Alice in Wonderland. God I hate that movie) so Pinky's meme will be showing up later. Also, I think I'm going to follow GG's example and use photos. That looked cool, and who doesn't love a visual? Oh, I did get a little un-lazy and post 2 of my pieces to my shop. The burgandy wire one is now in there, go look! Look, I say!! Until later, have a Happy Sunday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A rock and roll party?! You must have a very cool kid there! and she wants to perform, too...
hmmm. Gosh, I wish I lived closer. My kids perform shows like this often, maybe they could be her backup musicians?

pavel

Bare said...

Awesome! Sounds like your daughter is going to have the best birthday party in town! Or the state for that matter :0) I can understand about being worn out after being with kids all day long- they can drive me insane, but I love 'em :0)

RedNeckGirl said...

That sounds so cool!!!!!I love kid parties! They are so fun! And theme parties are the best. I am going to be a chaperone @ my cousin's halloween party....when they asked i was like...me? really? sometimes i forget I'm an adult....lol

Anonymous said...

Oh that sounds so so fun! I hope to see some pictures of that for sure. :) Does that mean your daughter's bday is coming up soon? Is she a Virgo just like me?! :)

~ good girl ~ said...

LOLOL!!! I almost fell off my chair when I saw the title of this post!!! Heh ;-)

I LOVED that your little one asked you to build a stage. She's smart. You don't get if you don't ask. And even if the answer is no,you get to work that guilt factor sometime later in your adulthood. "But mummy, remember when you said no to my stage? Now, let me tell you what that 'no' has done to my life..."

GG xo