9.23.2006

I'm not dead.

Aren't you happy? I know I am! Thank you all for stopping by and wishing me and baby girl back to health. She's doing much better, I'm still a little run down. Felt a lot better yesterday, but by three, I was beat. So back on the sofa I went, watching the rest of LOST season 2, on DVD. Slothra returns!!!

I have managed to accomplish a few things. I did an interview with Dewy over at Get Your Daily Knickers! That was fun. It's about, well, just go read it. Everyone should check out Dewy! She's quite cheeky!! I also sold 2 pieces (HUGS to Blurr!!). I was pretty excited about that and I even got it mailed out! That was a big deal. OH! I almost forgot. I got my new wallpaper in for kitchen #2. Look at how pretty:


I got it from Naked & Angry. Very neat place that you can submit your own designs to and if enough people like them, they make wallpaper and neckties from your designs. Kiwi sent me that way and she has a few designs up, too!

About the only other thing is my daughter is trying to kill us with her birthday party. At first, it was only six kids. Okay, yeah that's cool. Then it was a few more from class. Then her teachers, too. Then yesterday, it's every person in her class, both her teachers and the kids whose parents can't bring them, well her mom can go pick them up. Guys, she goes to public school, so there are a LOT of kids in her class. When we added it all up for her, including grandparents and our friends outside of school, IT WAS SIXTY PEOPLE. That's more people than we invited to our wedding! So, after getting Mom Voice on, I told her no more inviting people. No her mom is NOT going to pick up random children that want to come to the party but their parents can't bring them. For the last time, NO I am not building a stage for you to sing on. (sigh)

Sadly, the damage is done. Invitations go out Monday, to every kid in class. "You're still inviting them all?", you ask. Yes. She told them they could come and we are not a family of giving invites and then taking them back. Plus, if her teacher comes, the children won't be too crazy. Fortunately, it's going to be in the empty house in the big room, so it won't be too bad. I hope. Come early because parking is going to be a bitch.

I guess that's about it. Wait, I did get a traffic citation yesterday for dropping my daughter off at school like I have for the last month. Since I haven't had a ticket of any kind in EIGHT YEARS, I was upset. It's a long story, one that I will tell you later. But for now, I gotta go. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Big hugs and smushes to you all. ( I can give hugs again!!!)

OH WAIT! I FORGOT SOMETHING IMPORTANT!!
**** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GRAMMY!!!!****
We LOVE you!!


And one last thing: If you buy jewelry from me today, via Dewy's blog, mention Dewy Knickers in the message box and I will give you 10% off your order!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Flashy,

Thanks for the link, but you were a great interview, the best I've ever had. ;)

Cheeky? Moi? Flashy...that is so true!!!

Sounds like your daughter is quite the diplomat, maybe you should put an ad in the paper saying any child her age is welcome. :)

Yes, please! Everyone stop by and then go buy, buy Flashy's goods. She gonna need the extra cash for the birthday bash. Hey, that rhymes!!!

DK xo

Carrie said...

Thank you sweetness! And, no, no ad in the paper. I'm not even going to tell her about that, because she might want to do just that.

Everybody listen to Dewy, go buy! She likes for you to do what she says! ;)

Kisses!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pinky! Glad you're not dead. (smile) Congrats on the two sales!
Your business is really starting to take off and I'm hoping when things settle over here that I look into your shop and see what I can get my little girl who LOVES jewelry.

Get better already, will ya?!

Pavel

Anonymous said...

Awesome wallpaper!

Bare said...

I've got to head over there to see that one, Dewy cracks me up anyway *L*... I'm glad ya'll are feeling better, you've been on my mind quite a bit lately.

Cynthia said...

Love the wallpaper!

I'm glad that you're on the mend as well!

Ahhh, birthday parties. My daughter has opted for sleepover birthday parties for the past couple of years which is good. We limit the guest list to 4-5.

A few years ago, however, we did invite the whole class. All I can say is GOOD LUCK, try to relax and if necessary have some liquid courage before the event.

I know, I know...not the most responsible adult thing to do while in charge of children...but...I'll leave it at that.

RedNeckGirl said...

Oh Pink, she sounds so much like myself....that is something I would have done as a child. And I would have been begging for the stage too....lol

Let us know how it goes....if I lived closer I'd offer to chaperone....that's a lot of kids. My advice keep them busy!