9.26.2006

Today, my princess, you are 6

A little more than six years ago today, I was at a baby shower. For me! It was also the day of my one year anniversary. Didn't waste time did we?



Oh, yeah. I had a belly. And it was full of love and anticipation. Less than a month later, you were born. I cried so hard because I thought I would die, I loved you that much. The first thing I saw was your feet, your tiny, pink feet. I love your tiny feet.



You grew so fast! A month later, you were having your first Halloween. I wanted to take you around to show you off. You were dressed like an angel, but you didn't like it much. You cried and wanted nothing to do with trick or treating or visiting the neighbors. Still, I have never seen a sweeter angel. (yes, I made the costume.)



We had our first Christmas and New Years. I am still amazed at how much you changed in that time. You went from being such a little thing to a baby girl that could sit up, eat, walk and you were even starting to talk. Sometimes I wonder about that one. Once you started talking, you haven't quit. You love to chatter, but your momma does, too. I think this picture is a sign for our future.



We had your first birthday in the house we would stay in for the longest. You loved it! And we both still miss it sometimes. That little house was ours and I went crazy painting your room. It was the first place you really had a room and I wanted to make it magical for you. You are my tiny princess, after all.



Tiny princess, Pink Lady...either way, I think your fabulous.



As you have gotten older, I have enjoyed watching you grow and change. You are a constant bright spot in my life and I don't know how to tell you the joy you bring out in me. We've had tough times together, but we always stuck together. You soothed me sometimes when no one else could. Thank you for sneaking in my room, late at night, when I was crying. Thank you for laying on me, petting my hair and saying, "mommy, you be okay. you be okay." You were so little when you did that, but you knew your mommy was sad and you are such a caring person, even then you shared your compassion. You have such a big heart and are willing to share it with others.

You are kind and lovely. You are smart and oh, so, so funny. You still make this face when you are mad:


In all the ways that you have grown, I am proud to see how truly wonderful and kind you are. You are my radiant sunshine. You are my shining star. You are a blessing and I thank God for you every day of your wonderous life.

Thank you for being mine. I love you so much on this, your 6th birthday, a little more than yesterday. Tomorrow, I will love you more again. Remember, baby, love is infinite, I can always give you more.

Happy Birthday from Momito.

10 comments:

RedNeckGirl said...

Beautiful Pink.....really touching.....I can feel the love that you have for your daughter and it moves me to tears, I can relate to that love....my boys are my life as your daughter is yours. Happy birthday to the lil' Pink Lady Princess!

Anonymous said...

Pinky, what a beautiful thing to share: your uncoditional and wonderful love for your angel. Thanks! (sniff sniff)

Pavel

Anonymous said...

OH, happy birthday, you beautiful, and much loved, girl!

One of your mom's blogger buddies,

Pavel

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your beautiful little lady. What a wonderful tribute to her Pinky. x

Anonymous said...

*Teary*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIL'PINKY!!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day with your friends and family and I can't wait to see pictures of your happy day. That party sounds so wonderful!

What a beautiful post. That needs to be framed for sure! I'd love to make this into a photo collage for you to keep forever and ever. :)

MamaMin said...

Awww - what a sweet letter. Being a mommy can be so amazing.

Bare said...

That is absolutely beautiful! It brought tears to my eyes... I hope she has a wonderful birthday! :0)

Carrie said...

Thank you for all the love today. She had a good day! We've played at the park, went to McDonald's and right now, her extra dad is reading her a brand new birthday book!

For birthday number 6, I think we've done pretty good.

G said...

Wow do I understand those tears shed upon first seeing your baby (they're coming to my eye just thinking of it). Such a beautiful post, definitely worth keeping for posterity.

BTW: Glad to see you up and posting.

G said...

Oh and Happy Birthday little princess, apple of your Mommy's eye! Have lots of fun on your special day.