10.06.2006

Blue Light


It is often by the blue glow of the computer screen that I seek solace from my day. To laugh, to learn, to be somwhere other than here. Being with one's self is not always easy and many things are brought to scrutiny in the light. The childlike fear of posting a new piece, of asking opinions and hoping that they hold praise. I see my hands, see them clearly, with the scars and lines dug deep in places. How is it that with these hands I can create like I do? And why is it that I am my harshest critic, the first to damn, the first to cast aside? Perhaps because there is so much of me left in every piece and I'm afraid that you will see it and turn from me. My true name means Strength, but it doesn't mean that I am always strong. I get weary, as do you. I feel sadness, exhaustion, weight although I rarely let it show. I wonder why I don't entrust myself to all of you that have so clearly shown you care. Is it fear? Yes, that is the most likely of candidates. Although a despised emotion, I feel it creeping upon me and it makes me tired. Oh, so tired.

Many times I have been a Warrior. Often unwilling, I have been cast into battle and emerged either as a victor with a crown of glory, or as a survivor bearing scars that will never fade. I have literally stared death in the face and told it to move on, my work here is not complete and I will not travel on that final road with you. It was not my time, but I sometimes wonder that by turning death away, I slated myself for more battles. I have had many since that time and I get so tired of fighting. But I have no time to pause, to weep, to worry or to wonder, I have to prepare.

I'm not well but I keep it hidden from even those closest to me. I don't want to go to another doctor, to another test, to another place. I don't want to be poked and prodded, fussed over. But what choice do I have? Refuse to go and let the sickness grow? That's too cowardly for me, even when I lay in the bed and cry, I still know that I must face another war. I feel like I am standing in the Valley between Hope and Unease. I have laid my head upon the rich grass of hope, smelled the sweetness of the flowers and wallowed in the gentleness that resides there. The last time, I was too secure and when the call came, the Mountain of Unease hurled rocks upon me and I was not prepared for it. Where do I sit to collect myself? Do I rest upon Hope again only to have rocks thrown at me? Or do I wallow in the base of Unease becoming a woman of worry and doubt?

I don't know, I just don't know. So for now, I will rest in the Valley between the two, await the doctor's visit and make battle plans then. I don't want another score to settle within myself. I want one year to be free, just one year. I haven't had that in sixteen years and it wears on me. I am strong and I am a warrior, yet even a warrior gets tired. I will seek solace once again, in the blue light of the computer, and push aside my fears and open myself to you. I will take joy in your friendship and pull strength from your love. I will rest and when the time comes, I will show you the plan for battle, I will request your supprt and I can march forward knowing that I have it. Thank you for sitting a spell and hearing my story. My heart is lighter because of it.

11 comments:

Carrie said...

Thank you more than you can know. SO much more. I will cherish this poem for the rest of my life. You are darling and dear. Thank you.

FelineFrisky said...

Dearest friend, I am here too. I listen well and will hold your hands. Together we can last the battle. Much love, Diane

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you Pinky. I can't put it as eloquently as Brian but I'm here as well. x

Carrie said...

My Dearest Feline and Angel, thank you for your love and strength. There are times when I need it, but am afraid to ask, yet you all gave so freely. Thank you so very much, your kindness will never be forgotten.

HUGS!!

Bare said...

*Sends you a big hug* I'm proud of you for going. It's NEVER easy. I can only imagine the pain you're going through, and what you've held inside. It's gonna feel a whole lot better once it's out, and gone :0)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I MUST know more. I just sent you an email and I'm about to cry. :(

Please let me know what's the what!

I am ALWAYS here if you need anything...ANYTHING, so let me know how you are doing my strong super Friend. :)

Anonymous said...

My dear friend,

That's what you are, you know. It seems bloggers are guarded at times when it comes to calling someone a friend - but for you, that's not the case. Please call me, or tell me when I can call you so we can talk. You know how I feel about you, but even superheroes need to know that there are people who are concerned about them.

It's simple, my friend. Just know that I am here if you need to talk.

Carrie said...

Miss1999: Thank you dear, I know you and several of my other blogger friends know what agony doctor's visits can me. HUGS you back!

Blurr and Pavel, I didn't mean to cause you both such stress. Emails will be on the way shortly. Thank you both for you continued and endless support and friendship. You know how I cherish you both. Smushes!!!!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Pinky-my eyes are all welled up with tears for you! Keep being strong, you weary little warrior, and know that there are prayers of love and comfort going out for you.

G said...

Pinky, life can be as difficult as it is beautiful - that's been my experience as well. I have just been thinking along these lines myself. You know the battle of what do you show - what do you hold in? The truth is whatever you put out in your blog will be beautiful. It is a reflection of you and your creative process. It can't be anything else.

Take good care of yourself. You have many friendships here and please know to consider me one. By the way, this post in its pain was quite beautifully written.

Carrie said...

Karen: Thank you so much, dear. I need it and you are such a blessing to me. HUg!!

G: You are eloquent and graceful and have a tireless hand with kindness. Thank you so much for seeing the beauty that was deep withing. HUGS to you!!