10.01.2006

The Party!!!!!

It's over!! WOO! I wanted to post last night, but I was so exhausted my eyes were going in two different directions. We had about twelve kids in all, which is a pretty good bunch. Add in parents and other relatives, I think there were almost 30 people there. That's a lot of folks!

We had a ton of fun! I have this knack for being able to whip kids into a near frenzy and then steering that energy into some sort of game. We played Pin the Star on the Record, which is just a variation on the donkey version, and Record Toss. What's that you ask? Easy! I give each kid a record, tell them they get to throw things in the house, they all freak out, then we throw records at an ottoman and try to make it land in the center. They didn't care if they won or not, they got to throw stuff in the house! Cake, ice cream, balloons everywhere, man you couldn't beat it. Here are the pictures, I'll let them tell some of the story:









I love the last picture. I didn't let her see it until they day before the party and I made her close her eyes. I think she was just a tad bit surprised. :) But, you have to admit, I transformed the room quite a bit! It was a ton of work, but I think it turned out super well.

We only had one incident. Pretty good, I think, but still an incident. A little boy decided to eat a mushroom out of the yard. He's only one! But, he was okay, I called his mom last night to make sure. Whew! Everyone behaved and acted nice with each other and that was very important. I wanted her to have a good day and it seems she did.

I SO went to bed at 8:30 last night. Good party, lots of presents, happy baby girl, it was grand. But I'm glad it's only once a year!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww the party looked great- will you come and decorate our house for our next party? Well done :)

Bare said...

It looks like a wonderful party! I'm so glad everything went good and a fun time was had by all. You put a lot of work into that party, and everything was gorgeous! :0)

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are fantastic. They look so so happy! Great job Pinky and again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIL'PINKY!!!

Carrie said...

Christine: If I could get a free trip to the U.K., I would be on the first flight out!!

Miss 1999: We did have some fun! And, girl, I worked my booty off! Thanks for the love!

Brian: Thank you! I am the best mom, aren't I? Get back to work indeed! I have so much to do this month!!

Blurr: Happiness was flowing! We had a fabu time and she said it was the best birthday ever!! Can't beat that!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Pinky! that party looked fabulous!! WOW! I love the pic of your daughter with the surprised delight on her face, lol, love it! What a great Mom you are to put all that love and work into a wonderful birthday that she will remember always! Yeah!
Smiles, Karen

Anonymous said...

Wow Pinky! When you said you transformed the room, you weren't kidding! It looked fabulous and so did your girl at her party. Great job, you awesome mom you!!!

Pavel

RedNeckGirl said...

Oh WOW....you did an amazing job it looks super COOL!!! I wish I could have been there....sounded like soooooo much fun!

Cynthia said...

The last picture is precious! Congrats on the party planning...there's a potential job. Birthday Pary Planner Extraordinaire!

It looks like everyone was having a blast.

Carrie said...

Karen: Don't you just love that pic! She screamed like a loon about two seconds after I took it.

cindra jo: Thanks for visiting! Although I get stressy, I really love doing this! Tell my when and where and I will pack my party supplies!

Pavel: From one awesome parent to another! I worked my ba-hooty off in that room, but it looked so cool. What to do next year???

RG: We would have loved for your boys to come! It was fun, fun, fun! I really don't remember talking to the parents, I just played with the kids! HA!

Cynthia: If I had just a little more time in my life, I might do the party planning. I did ALL of that on $150.00. Food, too!

Now, I'm back to work! I've already made one new cuff today and I have some others waiting for me to string. No more partying for me, I've got to get busy! RG, I'll have your stuff up by tomorrow (at the latest) with a little twist. I think you'll be happy!

HUGS to all of you!

Anonymous said...

looks like the party was a huge success! Congrats on making it through it alive ;)

It really looked amazing! I could only imagine what one would have looked like when I was younger.

Great Job!!!