12.01.2006

Pinky's Picks ~ 2006!

Well ladies and gentlemen, the year is winding down. We only have 24 days left until Christmas and then this year's pretty much done. A lot has gone on this year politically, religiously and in the varied world of media. But I don't want to get into all of that!! We've had enough of it this year! So, here is the First Annual Pinky's Picks! This is a list of blogs, shops, and other cool things that I have found, tried or bought that I think you might enjoy. Plus, if there is something you want to buy, well there is still time!! Here we go!! (not in any real order, sorry 'bout that!)

1. The Ojon hair treatment kit, available at Sephora! I bought this just to see if it really did what it said it would do. Silky hair, tame flyaways, blah, blah, blah. I have thick crazy hair so I thought I would give it a try. Did it work? Oh man did it ever!! I have since gone back and bought full size versions. Silky hair? check. Tame flyaways? check. Make my hair look like something on a really cool commercial?? oh yes, check. Plus, Sephora gift wraps EVERYTHING! It doesn't matter if it's for you, they wrap it up like a present. Can't beat that.

2. Amber/ Blurr!! This is just some of the pile of jewelry that I have bought from her. I also have some FABULOUS photographs that she took. I know, I make jewelry, but she does things I wouldn't think about! Plus, she is an awesome person, a super talented artist and just a kick ass friend. The link is for one of her Etsy shops, she has 2!! Go check them out and see what amazing wire work she has. Seriously, the girl is magic with some copper.

3. Fine Art and More by Cynthia! I know the picture isn't well, but these are two fabulous little ACEO's that I bought from her. She made these cool mini quilts! Each one is signed on the back and are made super well. Cynthia is a mixed media artist and she has a wonderful talent with fabric, paint, clay and I think whatever else you can think of! Check her Etsy shop, her daughter's birthday is coming up so go buy something!! Great person and another fabulous artist!

4. Steven Novak, blog author of My brain hates me, but I hate it even more. Aside from making me laugh so hard that I often choke with tears, Steven is just cool. Self-proclaimed nerd, he makes a mockery of himself, the people around him and the general life crap that happens. But it's so much funnier the way he puts it. Granted he swears worse than a Sailor in an International Swearing Competition, but OMG! He's funny. He also has two books out, one which is a really good children's book that deals with depression, lonliness and loss. Very cool. Check him out, but please, trust me on this one, don't be eating or drinking when you go there. Your computer won't like it.

5. Deep Cleansing Oil and Virgin Olive Oil by DHC Skin Care. Okay, I know what you are thinking, oil? for my face? are you nuts?? Yeah, I am, but that's not the point here. This stuff WORKS! If you wear makeup, you know what a pain it is to get it off. Not with the cleansing oil! It rinses completely and totally clean!! I wouldn't have thought it either. Great for really deep cleaning without stripping your face. The Virgin Olice Oil is a intense moisturizer. I don't use it every day, but this time of year nothing beats it. Leaves my skin silky and it has NEVER made me break out. I have sensitive skin, too! Plus, DHC catalogs always have samples in them and you get to pick samples when you order.

6. Here are some ornaments that I just got from Mrs. Kwitty, aka Karen! She does amazing work and is a joy to work with. Her ornaments have been flying out as soon as she can make them. Vintage fabrics, the most outstanding hand stitching I have ever seen and just cool stuff. Look at these stitches: Amazing, huh? Go check her out, buy some really good stuff and meet another wonderful artist!

7. Sugar Mama Body Scrubby by Lushbox. THE BEST SUGAR SCRUB IN THE WORLD! I am not kidding. I bought this and it is divine. 100 % vegan, Lushbox makes amaizng body smell good stuff. This scrubby exfoliates with a base of essential oils that leave your skin feeling like silk. Rinses clean and smells oh, so sexy. You can get it in a bunch of different flavors and I promise you, you will wonder why you ever spent money on another body scrub before.

8. Heather at Bad Kitty Art Studio. I have nearly a dozen paintings and mixed medias from this artist. Internationally know, Heather makes emotions come to life on a canvas. Don't worry if you can't afford one immediately, she will work with you!! She believes that everyone should have great art if they want it and she works to make sure you can. Also, she has prints, magnets, shirts all kinds of cool stuff. Go look!!

9. Naked and Angry!! OH! What a treat this place is! They offer wallpaper and ties all from Indie designers! You can even submit your own design and people get to vote for it. They take the 5 most popular and turn them into awesome products. Great shipping and amazing outlet for some very talented designers. This is the wall paper I ordered from them for my kitchen. It's really thick and very well made. Highly reccommended!!

10. Pretty Fakes. This is a blog of sorts run by Gorjus and Professor Fury. Granted, Gorjus is my big brother, but that's not why I love this site. It's full of politics, life lessons, drunkery, law, stories, art, comics and music, music, music. There is a healthy smattering of art and law crammed together with large doses of comic book insight. Two great guys that really know how to make you laugh, cry, think and point at someone else while giggling saying "I'm glad that's not me!!" Plus you will get some of the best music and book reviews around. They've been visited by a famous author or two! WOO!

So, there you have it folks! This is Pinky's Picks for 2006. Check out the shops, read the blogs and enjoy the ride. All of these have been tested by me, so I will swear to the goodness of them. Oh, one more thing:

My newest piece to be in my shop later today! C'mon, you didn't really think I would tell you about all this stuff and not jam myself in there somewhere? Tsk, tsk, tsk. Anyway! Its all hand made, hand linked sterling silver and Swavorski fire crystals. Feel free to "ooooooh" at that. Hope you all had a good trip through the picks! My love and well wishes ~ Pinky!



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

O M G you are the best! This is a fantastic post, and I'm not just saying that because you put in a good word for me. ;)

Can't wait to check all of this out...wish I had more time to comment on how wonderful you are!!

HUGS! And HUGE thanks!

madd said...

PINKY..hey girl..loved this have checked out most of them before but a few are new to me and are really wonderful, as I have never been to them..and I went to Steves' site..oh my GAWD now he is not only funny he's down right crazy..but in a good way..lol...now as for the bracelet..very very nicely done and very beautiful..love it...take care sweetie..(did dad work late again last nite??) se ya..m

Anonymous said...

Aww shucks Pinky, thanks for the shout out! I am going to check out the other links...really oil on your face?

Your bracelet looks lovely! I am trying what I am going to get myself for christmas!!! Though I'm eyeing the ceramic beaded necklace.

Carrie said...

Hey Amber!! Glad you like the post. I thought about letting everyone know about it, but that just didn't seem fun! And every word I said about you is true!! HUGS!!

MADD! Hey dear! Isn't he a trip?!? I hope you went back and read some of his other stuff, it's disturbingly funny. I told you the bracelet was delicate! And yes, he did. :(

Cynthia!! I swear it, oil on your face! I've never seen anything take off dirt, makeup and other yuckies like that stuff! Amazing! And some goes for you as it did for Amber, every word is true!! Have a fun time on your date!! :)

ann said...

great post today... loved it and checked some of it out too...

have a lovely weekend

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Those are some wonderful pic's i must say!!! And wow your new piece is amazing!! *groan* is there so little time left to shop...i need to get busy.

BarnGoddess_01 said...

wow, good list!

a lot of it is new to me, I am off to check it out in further detail.

have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

((((Pinky)))

Thanks. :)

Talk to you later. I am doing better.

Carrie said...

WB, it took me forever to get all of this done! Glad you like the new piece, I've got to get it in my shop today!!

BG!! YAY! you're not snowed in!!! We got the cold from your house and it's freeeeeezing here! Brrr! I think you might get a kick out of Steven's blog. Funny stuff. Have a good weekend, too!!

Brain!!! You are very welcome!! HUGS! I'm glad you are doing better!!

Anonymous said...

Oh phew! I'm not the only the one that makes the "Brain" typo!

I was still feeling bad about that one! Thanks for making it easier on me Pinky, and glad to hear you are doing better Brian. :)

This ideas of yours is such a good one Pinky. That blog of Steven's is so unique. But you're right, don't have food or drinks...LOL! But I have to say, that whole oil on my face idea...hmmmm...that just scares me to pieces. I've had bad skin since the 9th grade...I'm 31 people! And that just sounds like CRAZY talk to me...hahaha. Proactiv all the way baby! ;)

Oh, and I'd like to shout it out for Heather of BAD!Kitty Art Studio and Cynthia of CMG's Fine Art and More...I have also purchased pieces from them and they are amazingly talented souls...and of course my stash of Pinky gear, man do I ever have a lot and keeping wanting more! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Flashy,

Have I ever told you how much I lurve me some jewels. ;)

Sassy Dewy

xo

Bare said...

Girl, you've got some great stuff posted here! Thanks for sharing all of these goodies with us! :0)

Anonymous said...

Morning Pinky,

How are you today? I am cold today! After being 85 yesterday, it's only 59 now with a low in the 30's tonight.

Cloudy, raw and damp....if I wanted that I would have stayed in New England!

Love ya' ((((hugs)))

Mrs.Kwitty said...

ncqm
Hey Pinky! Thanks so much for the mention and all your kind words! Wow, what a great list...I have checked out half and am going to go and check out the rest right now.....hmmm, need to check on the magic hair stuff......lol
Smiles!! Karen