12.04.2006

Good Morning!

I hope that everyone had a good weekend. It was FREEEEEEZING here!! Literally. Thursday it was in the seventies then Friday morning it was 30 degrees. brrrrr! So I have stayed bundled up, but not inside. Cold weather can't keep me indoors! Hubby cooked out on the fire pit while I ran back and forth getting plates, beer, wine (for me) pans, etc. We had an enormous meal of steak, baked potato and french bread! It was divine!! Both of our coats smell like fire grilled steak and man, that's cool.

Didn't do much else. I didn't once sit down at my beading table. I know, it's awfully close to Christmas for me to be slowing down. But don't worry, I've got things to do. It's not often that I have a weekend with just my husband and we actually get to spend it together. Ususally, we're both out and about doing things that a whole weekend will go by with us barely getting to see each other. So staying in and hanging out was what I needed. ~Pinky!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend! It was 15 degrees this morning when I left for work.....I am not happy about all this cold weather....I was spoiled with the 70's we had last week and week before.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sounds excellent. You two know how to have a good time...that's my kind of living!

Are you sure that's ALL you did by the campfire all alone? ;) Heehee.

But seriously, I think it's great that you had a weekend together...in fact that is fantastic. It's times like those that you wish you could just make time slow down for a while so you can keep enjoying it. :)

FelineFrisky said...

Oooo! I am so glad you enjoyed time with Mr. Pinky! Sounds like great reconnection time. We do that every weekend. It's just so busy M - F! It's cool here, but not that cold! I hope I never see snow again! :P D

Anonymous said...

(((Pinky)))

Glad you had an enjoyable weekend together. Cutting it close on time are we??

It's only in the 60's today going down to the 30's overnight.

Very slow and boring at work today. I think the holiday hangover is starting earlier all the time.

BarnGoddess_01 said...

it must have been the weekend for togetherness for us couples. hubby and I were glued to eachother.

but, now I NEED a break :)

steak and beer, my idea of a good meal!

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful when you get to spend time with just you and your husband;)... Glad you had a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

Oh! You must not speak of steak on the grill during the winter!

I can't handle it as I love me a good steak on the grill any time of the year. Only problem with that is that I can't really cook....lol!!

Anonymous said...

You know, there ARE activities you could do with your husband in order to stay warm.

I'm just saying...

Pavel

madd said...

Hey Pinky..missed you!! back from decorating world..I am sorry it is so cold..makes me feel awful..but I am glad you had a great weekend with hubby..and my favorite meal..love ya..m

madd said...

Hey Pinky I Tagged you!..:)

Anonymous said...

((((Pinky)))

Thinking of you today. :)

Love ya'