12.10.2006

What I've been up to

I know I've been more than absent and this upcoming week doesn't look like I'm going to be slowing down any. I hope that everyone is doing well and having a good time getting into the holiday spirit. We finally got our tree up!! We were debating on a fake one, but there is a problem with that. The house we are in now has normal ceilings, the one we are moving into has 12 foot ceilings. SO, we couldn't buy a huge one to cram into our house now! I got SUPER lucky and found this little pre-lit gem for only 20 bucks!


Cool, huh? Baby Pinky and I wanted new ornaments, but it's not really in the budget. Madd suggested we refurbish old ones and that's just what we did. We spent most of Saturday redoing old ornaments! Look!!

Couple

Little alien couple my daughter made. Funny and cute!


The polka dotted one is a refurbished ornament, too. We made some with glitter, too, but we both really liked the pompom ones. Here is my favorite ornament in the world!


I can't even remember where I got that darling little sheep, but I just adore it!! Oh, in the midst of doing all this, I sat down and made this for Baby Pinky:

Scarf

Yep, I crochet, too. I would show you what all I've done at the other house but it doesn't look like much. We've been puttying, sanding, taping and cleaning. Tomorrow we start painting! I'm already tired just thinking about it. I haven't got to do any beading so I think I'm going to take a day off this week, catch up on blogs and sit down at my bead table. I'm missing it soooo much.

Well, I have to get in the bed. I'm starting bright and early tomorrow and I have a full load. Blech. Hope all is well and take care! ~Pinky!

15 comments:

ann said...

old and recycled is good... look at me... LOL I've been round the block so many times.

pinky, the pictures are lovely and I'm sure all your hard work in your new home will be worth it.

don't care of yourself and baby pinky too.

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

ann said...

p.s. that last line is utter nonsense.. sorry.

should have read

don't work too hard, take care of yourself... etc. etc.

doh!!!! that's what happens when you're so old and you get recycled once too often.

Carrie said...

ROFL!!! Thank you Ann! I stopped by your house a few minutes ago and it looks like you have been a busy bee. I'll check on you later! Tee-hee-hee, I'm still laughing at that last one! HA!

Anonymous said...

(((Pinky)))

Don't you know that recycling is in? And Ann isn't old, she just pretends to be. :)

Anonymous said...

Is that ALL you've done? Gosh, Pinky, if you were any lazier...

lol You must be a superhero or something to do that much and not collapse.

BarnGoddess_01 said...

your tree looks great!

whew, you are going to be busy. BE sure to take a break when you need it.

FelineFrisky said...

Love the ornaments! Love the tree! Great holiday spirit! D :)

Anonymous said...

Pinky..L here, just stopping by..my job today as you know M is a bit not herself..well if she ever is anyway..;) couldn't help myself on that one..thank you so very much for today..it was so very needed and so apppreciated, she is settling down..the ornaments are beautiful..I am so glad you and Baby Pinky had fun..I just wanted to stop in and tell you how much you are appreciated...and loved by many..take care my friend..hugs and xoxo..Lana

Anonymous said...

That is so cute...and it has inspired me :)

Look for pictures of the tree redneckgirl and I put up very soon, along with pics of the decorations!

madd said...

Pinky..decorating post is finally up..m

FelineFrisky said...

Hiya! I know you're busy and this may take a bit of time, but I tagged you today - 12-14. Play if you have time! D

Anonymous said...

Hey Pinky,

I am going to call you tonight. Miss you love. (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

The tree is wondermus! I bet you all had so much fun making the adorable decorations.

You knit too? You are so talented.....HUGS

Anonymous said...

Way to go Pinky! We have a few strings of lights up outside, but no tree or anything else! I think this weekend. You have a leg up on me right now! Still recovering from daughter's bday celebration.

It's just that time of year...busy, busy busy

-Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Way to go Pinky! We have a few strings of lights up outside, but no tree or anything else! I think this weekend. You have a leg up on me right now! Still recovering from daughter's bday celebration.

It's just that time of year...busy, busy busy

-Cynthia