1.31.2007

It's going to be a long one

A long post that is. I haven't posted a decent blog in forever. I get so worn down by all the stuff that I have been doing so I just run by here and throw up a picture and say I'm done! WOO, aren't you happy? No? You need more? Well, so do I.

It's freaking cold here and it's only going to get colder so TamiD and I decided not to work on the other house today. Okay, I decided and told her we weren't working because it's cold and I'm being a baby about it. But, I did finally get around to organizing some of the house pictures and I thought I would share. Some are still works in progress and some are finished. The big room doesn't have crap all over it now. And I'm not showing you the kitchen because I want that to be a surprise! (click on the pictures if you want to make 'em bigger!)Here we go:

This is the foyer. So when you come in this is what you would see. I'm so in love with this color that if I got divorced I would marry it. That's love, baby.



Next up is the big room! It's huge but there is so much stuff in it in this picture, it's hard to tell. So ignore the kitchen cabinets and notice that the walls aren't sickly green anymore!! They are khaki but we still have to do the trim. in oil base. blech.



Next up is the downstairs bath. I'm skipping a few rooms, but that's okay, the bathroom is finished!! In fact, it was the first one I got done! (the pic on the right is what it used to look like)



On to the stairs and up to the hallway, in two part. The first picture is what you see when you come up the stairs and the second one is all the storage tucked in. Sweet.



Bedrooms: ours, guest and Baby Pinky! I bet you can't guess which one is hers...



Since some of these have been taken, there have been accessory additions. Also, we don't have the new floors in so the carpet is going to be a different color and all downstairs it's going to be this beautiful bamboo. I'm skipping some rooms, but they aren't all fancy. I haven't showed you hubby's den or my studio partly because his den isn't changing and my studio hasn't even been started on!! But there are these sweet little things that make this house awesome without ever having to do a thing to it. Things like:

A laundry chute, a HUGE laundry room complete with industrial sinks, a 2 car garage, and so many cool light fixtures that are original to the house.





So that's pretty much it. When all is said and done, we would have painted every room in the house except for one. Yeah, that's a lot of painting. I'm sick of painting. BUT, I want to move into this awesome house, so painting I will continue to do. Next on the house agenda is the upstairs bathroom:



Yeah, that's going to be some work. Okay, I'm outta here! It's taken me forever to do this post! Sheesh!! Hope that everyone is having a good day! OH! I forgot, I did a blog interview with Amber but I don't know when she is going to post it. Check her blog out anyway, she's got some cooooool stuff on there! My love ~Pinky!

14 comments:

robkroese said...

Cool house. Have fun with the oil-based paint. I've been scrubbing ABS glue (that nasty black stuff) off my hands every night lately. Plumbing, you know.

BarnGoddess_01 said...

wow! your house is looking great. I bet you are proud of your hard work. The bedrooms look roomy, that is important to me :)

Laundry chute! omg!! the house I grew up in (my father still lives there) has a laundry chute off the main bathroom. It goes into the basement. As a small child and the youngest, I was shoved thru that chute on many occassions. Usually from irritating my older sisters.

Carrie said...

Hey Diesel, we are not looking forward to the oil base, at all! We didn't know it was that until we painted water based over it and made a giant mess. That ABS glue is terrible! It's a pain to get off. Hope the plumbing goes well!

Barngoddess!! Thank you very much! All the bedrooms are big except for Baby Pinky's but that's the one she wanted. Lots of space so that you don't feel cramped, very cool.

If there was nothing else in the whole house, I would love it for the laundry chute. It goes right into the huge laundry room so I will never have to see dirty laundry in various rooms of the house ever again. EVER! WOOO!!!! Shoved through one, eh? Yeah, I can see that going down.

ann said...

wow... what a beautiful place and what a fantastic job you're doing... bet you can't wait to move in.

Also had to do a double take... the blog is terrific too... thought I'd got lost... doh!

Anonymous said...

(((Pinky)))

What a gorgeous house!! You and Tami have done an outstanding job on all the rooms. *applause*

How many guest rooms do you have? ;)

Makes me tired just thinking about all the work you've put in already with more to go.

Love you

Carrie said...

Hi Ann!! I was getting bored with the old template. Mainly because I wanted the pink to be more bold but couldn't get it to do right! It's still a work in progress, we'll see. Glad you like the house and you're right, I can't wait to move in!! HUGS and your jewelry is on the way!! DOUBLE HUG!!

Brian!! Thank you for the applause, you have no idea how good that made me feel. Sometimes it seems like the work will never end, and then we get one more room done and it's like, "hey, this room is finished!!" Only one guest bedroom, but there is plenty of room everywhere else!! You don't actually think I have furniture to fill that sucker up, do you?

HUGS and love you, too!!

Unknown said...

It's looking great! I love the laundry chute- I want one :)

Carrie said...

Hi Christine!! Long time no see!! I hope that you are well and that things are cool in your part of the world. I think everyone should have a laundry chute. I really do... :)

Anonymous said...

G A H! My site won't come up...omg. :( I can sign in, I can see everything on the inside, but the page will not come up. BOO!!!

Carrie said...

I was having trouble with it earlier and I can't leave comments on MindTwister or Pavel!! I don't know what's going on!

The only way I could get to your blog is by going through my link in the sidebar, NOT through my bookmarked pages like I always do. BOO!!!!

Keep me posted and HUG!

madd said...

PINKY....AWESOME!!!!LOVE THE COLORS..CAN I COME LIVE WITH YOU..YOU COULD ADOPT ME..LOL..LOVE YOU!! ..m

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Wow Pinky!! The house looks GREAT! What a lot of work you are doing, and such a great job of it! Here's a big pat on the back!! (((PAT))) It was really fun looking at the pics. When do you suppose you will be moving in? I'll bet little Pinky is getting super excited! Yeah! Keep up the good work and you will be done before you know it.
Smiles, Karen

Carrie said...

(((((MADD))))) HI!!! :waves all stupid like: OH! How I miss you!! Thank you for stopping by and checking on me. Didn't I tell you that purple color was awesome?? HUGS!!!!!!!!

Hey Karen!! I can't thank you enough for the pat on the back! I get sick of working on it so the encouragement and appreciation is wonderful! We had a hitch in the plans where the floors are concerned, but we're still thinking we can be moved in my end of March. OH! I can't wait!! And yes, Baby Pinky is all excited! We can walk to her school from the house! It's literally a jaunt through the woods and then we're at school. That will be wonderful! I can't wait!!

FelineFrisky said...

What a gorgeous home! And I can just picture the layout. Lucky woman! Laundry chute! Woo Hoo! Too cool!

Hey, your template changed! Wha happened???

Love ya much! D :)