2.26.2007

Uungh...

I don't feel so well. All my family came back home yesterday and I think they gave me germs! YUCK! I slept a lot this afternoon and we have a sorta busy week ahead.

Hubby's grandmother passed away yesterday at the ripe old age of 101! Yes, I said 101! Everyone is okay with this as she has been sick for quite some time and living in a home. But there are arrangements to be made and things to be taken care of, so it's still a lot. I worry the most about my father in law. He's gone to see her twice a day, every day for seventeen years. I know he will feel her loss the most so please keep him, and the family, in your thoughts.

We bid you farewell Grandma C and know that you are finally at rest. You've finally gone home...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. 101 years of life is amazing. She certainly did something right.

Hugs to you all during this difficult time. **smushy**

And I hope you feel better soon Pinky!

Anonymous said...

(((Pinky))))

Feel better soon. :)

Bare said...

I'm sorry to hear about his grandmother passing away-- even at the age of 101. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers-- and you, get better soon *hugs*

Carrie said...

Thank you guys for the the love and thoughts. She was very sick for quite some time, so her passing was a relief in a lot of ways.

101 years is so amazing, it's hard to even understand. I wanted so much to talk with her, but she couldn't understand me, her mind was too far gone.

Thank you again for being so wonderful and sending the love. HUGS and smushes to you all.

Sweet and Salty said...

I bet she was an interesting person with wonderful stories to share when she was younger.

You and your family are always in my thoughts, Pinky.

Take care

julatkinson said...

We're sending you guys some support from VA. ::hugs::

X said...

Hugs about Grandma and the germs. Hope everyone feels better soon!

Meow Meow said...

Why can't I take a nap too??? Instead I have a class of 28 right now. *SIGH* they are my most ENERGETIC class all day!

I am sorry for your loss. Although, she is out of pain now. I don't know if I want to to make it that long. At least not in poor health.

Feel better~

Anonymous said...

(((Pinky)))

Great to hear your voice. :)

Rose


xo

Anonymous said...

my grandma passed away recently so i know what you're going through. hugs and laughter through your difficult time.

p.s. i'm sick too, so it's going around and around.

Carrie said...

Thank you guys. I'm feeling better and the family is doing well. I truly appreciate all of your support! YOu people are amazing!

ann said...

playing catch up as I've been away from blogdom and before I go away tomorrow...

I'm sorry you're poorly and I'm to hear of your loss... a wonderful age I must say, but when someone lives so long I think we believe they will live for ever

please accept my condolences and you're in my heart thoughts and prayers

lotsa luv ann xxxx