3.16.2007

I'm going to CANADA!!

Well, not today. Today I am going to Alabama. I don't know if any of you have been keeping up with Amber's blog(s) and her sister's struggles with Hyperemesis Gravidarum, a debilitating disease that affects women during pregnancy. I have links to the Her Foundation to the left where you can read more about it. Amber started another blog called Journey of Hope. It is dedicated to raising awareness about HG and trying to get doctors to take this more seriously.

In June, Amber's sister is going on a Journey of Hope by walking 120 miles from London, Ontario to Toronto. This walk is a symbol of the struggles these women go through and it will hopefully raise awareness. HG is terrible, just terrible and if you read Janis' story it will have you sobbing. These women are amazing. At the end of the 120 mile walk, there is a charity dinner and auction to raise funds for research, and hopefully a cure to HG. There are several artist that are donating work for the auction but I felt compelled to take it a step further.

I discussed all this with hubby and in June I will be flying to Toronto to be there for the end of the walk and the charity dinner. Amber has supported me through some VERY rough times in my life. She has listened to me rant, cry, be terrified and a multitude of other emotions. What she and her sister are doing is HUGE and there is no way that I wouldn't do everything I could to be there with them during this. Plus, I just want to see her. :)

I know that there are a lot of links but please take the time to look through some of them so that you can get an understanding of what life is like for these women. If you can donate time, money or art. You can always contact Amber via the Journey of Hope blog. HG is a disease, it is harmful and because two unbelievable sisters joined forces, maybe the world will start to help.

My love ~ Pinky!

Prayer

7 comments:

FelineFrisky said...

Good for you, girl! Way to go! I'm on my way to read! D :)

Anonymous said...

omg...sob...you are unbelievable...I love you so so much...you are killing me this week! I haven't cried so much in one week in a long time...lol!

Thank you means nothing at this point, but what else can I say to express myself? I need a new word or phrase...Brian, any suggestions!? You're good at this stuff.

Cynthia said...

That is so awesome, Pinky! Lucky you get to meet Amber in person and help for a good cause.

Rachel said...

Hey, where in Alabama is/was she going? Was she coming to UAB?

ann said...

bravo Pinky

I just looked it up... my goodness I didn't know it had a name. Well that was over thirty years ago.

I started vomiting the moment I was pregnant, even before the first missed period, even throwing up during labour. I spent two pregnancies with my head down the toilet, morning, noon and night, gaining little weight, unable to keep food or water down, having water and blood tests weekly and, without medication, which has now been banned, I could not get out of bed for being so so ill.

That was carrying my sons.

Another story for my daughter. I didn't even know I was pregnant until almost 20 weeks.

Good luck with all your endeavours

lotsa luv ann xxxx

ann said...

I just read even more... I never realised how seriously ill I was.

another little story. I was out with No.1 son and met an old acquaintance... she asked if I wanted any more and told her I was having another one. She asked when. I said, any moment, I can feel it has started. She couldn't tell I was pregnant... doh!!!!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

PINKY!! How exciting! It will be so wonderful for you and Amber to meet, and it will be great for her to have you there for the fundraiser for both moral support and for the help! Yeah! I am excited for both of you!
Smiles, Karen