5.04.2007

Nightmares

Ever have them? I do. In fact, I had a doozy of one that woke me up with a start around 5:15 this morning. I've been up ever since. I have dreams often and I almost always remember them. I can remember dreams that I had years ago with such clarity it's a little odd.

Hubby was still getting ready for work when I came downstairs. He, of course, asked what I was doing up and I told him. It was bad enough for him to hold me when I started crying. This was a personal dream, one that attacks me in the worst kind of way. Why do we have dreams like that? What is our subconscious trying to say?

It feels like it's going to be a long day. I just hope I can shake this nightmare, tell myself it was only a dream, and go on. I have to work-out, finish painting the foyer and start moving stuff over this evening. I really hope everyone else has a good day.

~Pinky

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you enjoy your day (((hugs))). Dreams can be so real sometimes though can't they and tough to shake off.

If you want a laugh, check out the contest I'm running over at my blog :)

Cynthia said...

Bad dreams are the worst - especially if they get personal. I don't think they're harbingers of the future or anything, but sometimes our fears float through the subconscious.

Sometimes when those dreams happen to me and I finally realize in my dream that I'm dreaming, I wake myself up and tell my brain that it's just a dream, just a dream.

Anonymous said...

Lord I hate those kind of dreams.. i think it does get easier after you learn how to control them a bit. Good luck with that and hugs

Carrie said...

Thank you ladies, I needed the support. I told TamiD about my dream this morning and she said, "Oh my god, that's terrible!". So, yeah, it sucked. But, I still had a productive day, so that's cool.

Anonymous said...

((((Pinky))))

I get dreams like those too sometimes. I don't remember them though.

Rose

xo

ann said...

I know what you mean... the kind that leave you shaking and you can't believe the thoughts and you can't rid them from your head...

hope you're feeling much better now

lotsa luv ann xxxx

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

I seldom wake up remembering the dreams (thank goodness!), but I do wake with the feelings. {{hugs}}

Sweet and Salty said...

I'm sorry about your vivid dream, Pinky. I hope you have pleasant one tonight to make up for it.