8.20.2007

I want to post a picture

But sometimes, I don't remember what all I have posted. That and some of my pictures are lame to me. Anyhoo, here is one that I don't think I have shared, mainly because it isn't mine!


This is "Miranda the Tempest" by John William Waterhouse and is by far and away my most favorite of his works. When I first started working at Neblett's, I framed this picture. It had the white all around it with the words on the bottom and I literally just stuck it in a frame. It was the very first picture I ever framed all by myself. I carried it everywhere with me, to each place I lived because it just held something special for me. When I left the store 5 years ago, I bought a really fancy custom frame, texturized to painting to look like an oil and framed it one last time.

It was the first picture I ever did and the last one I did when I left. She gives me closure on that time and joy for still being with me when I start all over again.

This is the first picture I framed when I got back:



Thanks, Jared, for being the start of new memories. :)

Hugs and much love, Pinky!

6 comments:

Jared May said...

You're too cool. Glad to be able to play a small role in the success of your business. :)

Amber said...

Both of them are beee-utiful! So glad to be back seeing what you are up to in your blogging world. :)

FelineFrisky said...

Hey, girl!

Beautiful picture. I can see why she's so very special to you.

Glad everything at the store is going gangbusters, so good to "see" you doing so well. It makes me happy, selfish, huh??! LOL

Love & Smushes! D :)

Anonymous said...

((((((hugs))))))

Love the artwork. When I have time and things slow down, I'll ship off the paintings.

Love you.

BarnGoddess said...

I like both of them!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful sky.