8.19.2007

Stopping by to say hello

Things have gotten really busy this past week. School is in full swing, Miss Pinky is going to be taking dance and Girl Scouts, the store is hopping with business, I've set up our big grand opening and I haven't had much time to think. Also, we've been working on getting into house #2. WOO! I don't think I can add more to my plate, but surely I will.

Perhaps the hardest thing for people to understand is, that even though I'm busy running my own business, I don't want my daughter taken away at every given moment. I know that friends and family are only trying to help, but not seeing her does me far worse than having her around. It's not an annoyance for me to dash out of work to get her from school. Nor will it be an annoyance to take her to dance. I think what bothers me the most is that taking her is always suggested as being what is good for me. If it was what I wanted, then I would ask.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy having time to myself, but I have very little of that now. And what I do have, I want to spend with her and my husband. I don't want to have to traipse all over the place to pick her up. More importantly, I don't want to miss out on any more of her life than I have to. She is my greatest joy and being apart from her is always hard on my heart.

My goodness, I'm griping. I don't mean to, not really, I just need to get things off my chest every now and then. I'm not one of those moms who don't participate. Even working like I do, like I always have, she is more important that all of that. Not one of her teachers would ever tell you otherwise, knowing that I would come to the school to talk with them about her on a regular basis. It's important to be a part of her life. If I'm not there, who is?

When she was born, Miss Pinky had jaundice. Not much, just a little. We had to place her bassinet in front of a window to help her coloring and from that point on, she became my little sunshine baby. She still is. Her smile warms my heart like nothing on this earth. No, I don't want people taking her to do things I want to be a part of. I don't mind the help, but she's my little sunshine and I plan on basking in her light as long as I can.

6 comments:

FelineFrisky said...

LOVE YOU!!!

Glad Miss Pinky is such a joy for you, ah.....she is a beauty!

Smushes! D :)

Anonymous said...

((((Pinky)))

Goodness you are busy. :)

Have fun with Miss Pinky whenever you can.

Love you.

Sweet and Salty said...

Hi there, Pinky! I hope you can have her around as much as possible to brighten your life and make life more memorable. It's good to have friends that want to help, though sometimes it's better if someone just listens to you and not fix things (by taking her away.)

I hope you, and the people around you, find a healthy balance.

I'm just so glad things are going well for you professionally since you're so talented artistically!

Anonymous said...

(((Pinky))) hey Girl I am tired from just reading all your doing..'whew' however you know what is best for you and for Miss Pinky..so no your not gripping your just stating the facts as they are and what makes you happy spills over to the rest of your family and makes them happier and well loved..so just keep right on doing what you need to do..!! there now that I got that off my chest..:) knowing how busy you are just wanted to let you know that baby Sydney arrived friday night..yea!!! all are well and we are just thrilled to be grandparents once again..she is beautiful..!!love ya..xoxox madd

Carrie said...

Thank you guys for being supportive and understanding that sometimes I just need to get things off my chest. It means a lot to me.

HUGS to all of you!!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

That's right Pinky---and don't ever let anyone take that precious time with your daughter away from you. It is such a short period of time that we are blessed with them being young--delight in every minute of it!
Smiles, Karen