8.09.2007

SCHOOL!!

Today is the first day of 1st grade for Miss Pinky! She is super excited and happily went to school. She found out there are a few of the kids from her class last year, so she will already have some friends and that's cool. She wore a pretty little dress and we did what we could with her slightly unruly hair. She didn't mind. She has a new backpack, new lunch box and the smell of new crayons is in the air. What's not to be excited about?

Even though she is sooooo happy, I feel a little sad. No, not because she went back to school. I know she enjoys it and I know she likes learning new things. That's not it. I don't even remember the last month and that is what's bothering me. I love being my own boss, but I miss her so much sometimes. Even though she spends most days at work with me, I don't get to play with her like I want to. When she was staying at my dad's while we did renovations, I called her every night to say, "good night" and talk with her for a moment. And every night I sobbed the minute I hung up the phone. I missed her so much it was a physical pain. And now, she's in school again and I'm worried about what I might miss now.

I do know that I miss making jewelry. I miss it all the freaking time. I miss having that escape, that drowning creativity that was only mine. I love picture framing, but I miss creating art. I keep telling myself that things will slow down and I will be able to make stuff again soon, but sometimes I feel like that's just a mantra I keep repeating to keep myself going. Did you know that I have beads that I bought in JUNE that I haven't put up. They're still in the bag I bought them in. How sad is that.

I don't mean to be so morose, I'm just a little blah. I feel as if life is running past me and I'm not even noticing because I have my head bent over a mat cutter. Yeah, that was a little dramatic, but you see what I mean. Ah, I must go, I have to get ready to go to work. Thanks for listening.

Hugs-N-Luv ~Pinky

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((Welcome))))

Yeah for Miss Pinky!!!! I hope she has a wonderful first day at school.

Pinky, please don't beat yourself up that your life is busy right now. Everything has a place and time and I know that you miss making jewelry, but things will settle down soon.

Love you and miss you. Be happy sweetie with all your many blessings.

Rose

xo

Anonymous said...

(((Pinky)))

We are all happy and sad. It's the way of life and we all make choices. There is sometimes only enough time to take care of your life and family. That's ok. We love you and are so proud to know you and to be able to watch you bloom into this extraordinary woman. More to come I am sure.

P.S. I have no idea what Rose meant by hugging welcome.

Meow Meow said...

OK Pinky

You know you can visit classrooms at any time as long as you sign in the office.

Plus teachers like room mom or moms who want to help out maybe an hour a month or for special occassions. That would allow you to see her and her environment more..... Just a thought

Anonymous said...

Best of luck on her first day :)

Carrie said...

Thank you guys for all your kind words. I'm just a little overwhelmed. This past week has been extremely busy for me and it drains me.

HUGS and I will send Miss Pinky all your love, too.

BarnGoddess said...

I hope little pinky has a perfect day on the 1st day of the school year!

my 13yo starts 1 week from today-yikes. the 8th grade, I feel so OLD

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Yeah! Little Miss Pinky off to school. I remember the days sending them off when they are so little *sniff*.

I get that time flying funk once in a while too--there isn't really anything you can do about it! Sorry, time marches on. And it only gets worse as you get older. There, do you feel better?? LOL Seriously though, you will settle into a routine soon and will find more time to be the wonderful Mommy that you are. Hang in there.
Smiles, Karen

Carrie said...

BG, you are NOT old. But 8th grade scares the crap our of me! :)

Karen, I had to laugh, quite heartily, at your uplifting statement! :P Seriously, I do know that I will get into a better routine and things will be better for all of us. HUGS!

G said...

Ah yes the push and pull at the heart strings of the working mom. It is SO not easy, but life does settle into a routine and I hope your shop becomes a comfortable part of yours.

I just got a little nervous knot reading the first day of school - pfew, we still have til after LaborDay. I'd better start getting the supplies in order!

Have a good weekend with little MizP! XOX

Carrie said...

HEY G! I know it will settle, I think I just got a little too much of everything and I freaked out a little. It does help knowing I'm not the only mom that goes through it!