3.18.2008

"Do the day and let the day do you."

See what I've got in my hands? Yeah, well that's what I've been up to lately. Actually, I've been up to a lot, this has just been the last few. I have to tell you, I bought this book based off recommendations from BarnGoddess. It's been a while since I bought a King book, just fell out of favor I guess. This one made up the time. I was enthralled the whole time. I laughed more times than I could count, cried just a few and fell head over heels in love with some of the characters. GREAT book and I highly recommend it, too. Seriously, it's badass.

Other than that, Miss Pinks was out of school for Spring Break and partied with my parents. On Thursday, I picked her up and we went and test drove a van. I'm going to need some more space before I know it.

On Friday, man we had a busy one. She went to work with me, then we went on campus (Spring Break! NO STUDENTS!!!) and ate at Chick-Fil-A, then went roller skating! She did, not me. Two (long) hours later, we left and went to our favorite book store. Bought some new books, ordered some more and then hit up the grocery store. Let me tell you, it's been a while since I packed that much into a day. I was WHIPPED!

Saturday, I pulled my back vacuuming, that sucked. So, I got to lay around like a princess and demand food be brought to me! That, was cool.

We chilled out Sunday, getting ready to go back to school. I let Miss Pinks take my camera and she took 151 pictures! Some of them were really good, some of them a little blurry. I'll share some later this week. Monday was St. Paddy's! I didn't do anything, but Miss Pinks wore green all they way down to her undies! She would faint if she knew I put that in here! HA! My friend and her little girl came over and we talked and talked and talked and talked. We talk a lot and that's just fine with me.

Today, I finished my book, then wandered around the house because I wasn't ready for it to be over. Then, I cleaned the doors and windows, picked up Miss Pinks and now I'm chillin'. I think I'll go snack on something. Hope you all had a good one! (or few, since it's been a little bit.)

7 comments:

BarnGoddess said...

I love the day quote from Wireman!

Isnt that an awesome book? I was slightly depressed when it was over....I read Liseys Story a couple of months ago. It was good but NOTHING like Duma Key.

A van? they are nice. I had a 2002 minivan while I was preggers w/ Wee One and the year after he was born. I miss it sometimes. It was cool for a minivan!

I hope the storms missed you!

Carrie said...

I just flat out loved Wireman. I could have wrapped him up and took him home.

Yeah, I was slightly depressed when it was over, too.

Storms missed us! LOTS of wet though!

Sweet and Salty said...

Oh, cool. I was thinking about reading this and now, with two thumbs up, (actually between you and barngoddess, that would be four thumbs up) I think I will read it.

Thanks, you two!

Anonymous said...

Doing all right, been tired lately. Vacation with Ann starts tomorrow night so we are all very excited.

Give my best to Miss Pinky of the green undies. ;)

((((((hugs)))))

Mrs.Kwitty said...

OOoooohhhh....reading, sigh. I remember reading...... lol

I love Stephen King too--in fact I think the last book I read was his, I re-read The Green Mile (one of my all-time favorites). Sounds like you are keeping busy and feeling better (?)! Give that Miss Pink a squeeze from me and tell her (and the rest of you!) Happy Easter!

Smiles and Easter Blessings, Karen

Carrie said...

Pavel! I would definitely read it! FABULOUS book! Really, the pace is good and there is enough suspense to keep you hooked, but not scare the crap out of you. Well, maybe a little. heheheeee

BRIAN!! Sorry that you are still tired, I know how that goes and it sucks! Get rest while you can and enjoy your time with Ann! HUGS!

You know, Karen, if you weren't decorating the world with your awesome stuff, you could read again, too! HA! I'm kidding!! I think this book was great! Read it if you can. Green Mile? Never got to read it, but LOVED the movie. HUGS and Happy Easter to you, too!!!

Bare said...

Other than you pulling your back, sounds like it was a great week! Can't wait to see the pics! *hugs*