3.12.2008

New Work!

I think I've got the background and lighting that I want to make me okay with my pictures. I did these this morning. I've been scoping out how the sun comes in and seeing what seems to be the best time of day. I like to use natural light if possible. Up first, a silly painting I did called "Mad Fran". I don't know what she's so mad about, but I wouldn't ask her! I may end up doing more in this series. Cheap paintings done with acrylic, but lots of fun!

Mad Fran

I have this crocheted cuff that I did. It's in a lovely plum colored chenille. VERY soft. I couldn't figure out what to do for a button and then I remembered I had this great snowflake. I made it so that the cuff gets smaller as it goes around, so that it ends in a point. I'm liking asymmetrical lately.



Next up is a funky pair of earrings that I did a while back, I just had to decide if I like them or not. I do. Black disks balanced on burgundy wire with an few cool dangles at the top. They hang about one and a half inches. (they are a little dusty in the picture. sorry about that!)



I had purchased beads to be in a winter beading challenge, but after I found out about the Pod, then got so sick with the Pod, I didn't get to finish the challenge. So, I dismantled the piece I was working on and made this really pretty memory wire bracelet. Full of Czech beads, frosted beads, pressed flowers and faceted glass. I think this one turned out quite beautiful.



Last, but not least, my absolute favorite. I may create one for me. This is a red leather cuff that has been machine stitched down one side and clasps in front with an awesome hook and eye closure. I sewed the hook on by hand, not easy in leather! Very modern style, but oh so silky on. Look!!



On my fuzzy arm!



So, that's what's the newest! I really luuuuuuuv that last cuff. LOVE! I've got some other crochet pieces in the works, but it's going to be 70 degrees here today, it's hard to get motivated on some of those. And, since my machine sewed so easily through that leather, I have a pieced together cuff that I want to do. Well, I've got to get up to the office and do some paperwork. I hope you all have enjoyed the new product preview!! Have a Happy Hump Day!!

7 comments:

Polly said...

oh, i like fran a lot!

Bare said...

Those are all so gorgeous! I'm LOVING the red cuff! VERY classy! *hugs*

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Oooh Pinky--everything looks great!! Good to see you getting excited about your creating again--are you starting to feel better?? *fingers crossed*

I'm gonna excuse you from helping move my computer and junk--but just this once! lol

Take care sweety!
Smiles, Karen

Anonymous said...

Great stuff Pinky. The pod is having a very positive affect on your creativity.

((((Smushes)))) for everyone.

BarnGoddess said...

wow-I am really liking the frosted beads bracelet!

Enjoy Duma Key, I LOVED it :) and it IS addictive, I agree

Carrie said...

OH! I'm so glad you guys liked the new stuff. You never know and it gets a little nerve wracking. HUGS ALL AROUND!

Jared May said...

I dig that painting. Very cool.