3.30.2008

I'm awake, and I don't really want to be, but I've got lots of pictures to share!

I don't know what's gotten into me! I've been sleeping well lately, but my hip started hurting tonight and I just HAD to get out of the bed. Remember how I told you all about my knee problems? Well, it doesn't affect just my knees, it gets a lot of my bones and since I have been preggers with the Pod, my hip is acting up. It's quite irritating, to be honest, because it only acts up really bad on days when I have already felt bad and have been lying down. I took some Tylenol earlier today and I don't want to take anymore, so I guess I'll just have to stick it out.

I will share a sneak into some of my new jewelry! I wanted to make a lot more today, but it just didn't happen. Miss Pinky has decided (after a little mom persuasion) to move into what used to be the guest bedroom. She gets a great, big bed and a MUCH larger room. She's decided to let the Pod take her smaller room. Especially since we bought her a neon pink, satin bedspread, she's all good. But, I did a little too much moving stuff over. Jewelry preview!



There are actually three new pieces in this group. And a sideways shot of my messy work area. I really like the way the necklace turned out. It's a bold piece without being overbearing with color. I think with the natural shells it's a much more elegant design. I also connected the pieces together with an unusual technique. I'm reopening the store Monday, April 7th, so stop by and see all the new stuff!

Okay, I know that I told you a while back about a dining room suit that hubs' grandmother left him when she passed. Well, we finally got it moved into the house! I'm still cleaning on it, but it's so beautiful and ornate!! I really didn't think I would like something with this much detailing, but it's really gorgeous. Pictures!


These are the side chairs and one of the captain's chairs. The leather on the seats is worn a little thin, but for being and 80 year old set, I think it looks pretty swell! Here is the buffet:



I just think this piece is magnificent. The way the front comes out to a point is just beautiful to me. Plus, all the detail in the woodwork is downright amazing. Here are some close ups:



The buffet



Side Chair



Captain's Chair

A dear friend of mine loaned me this miracle cleaner/waxer to use on the furniture and it truly is amazing. I know with all the detail, the chairs will take me forever to polish and clean, but they are going to be so gorgeous when they are done. Here is the set together. Ignore my naked walls! i have things that are going there, I just haven't gotten that far yet. You can see the side chest (?) peeking out in the corner. I couldn't seem to get a great shot, but you get the idea. When the leaves are pulled out, it sits 8 comfortably.



I guess that's it! I had a lot more to say than I thought. huh. I hope you enjoyed all the shots and have a wonderful day!

Hugs-N-Luv
~Pinky!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((hugs)))))

Neat furniture.

Hope you feel better soon.

Carrie said...

Hey B-rian! How are you? Doing well? Enjoying your visitor? I've got a lot on my plate today, but I hope to get naps in later!!

Meow Meow said...

I very much enjoy the wood work. I love antique furniture. I wish we could find quality like that in our day....

I like antique shops~~~~

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Wow!! That is a beautiful set--and the fact that it is "family" makes it all the more special! I don't envy you the job of cleaning all that carving, but the end result will be well worth it! Our dining room set is an inheritance too--sadly all the chairs were in poor shape (too many rough and tumble boys in the hubs family!). But we do have a beautiful table and a china hutch that we love very much.

Take care of yourself Pinky--and don't do too much moving stuff--remember your body is going through a lot right now! Sorry to hear about the hip--that sucks!

Take good care, friend!
Smiles, Karen

BarnGoddess said...

great dining set! I like it very much.

grear jewelry as well...but you already know that :)

I hope that hip stops ailing you

hugs!

Carrie said...

Hey Meow! thanks for stopping in, I KNOW you are busy! HUGS!!

HEY KAREN!! It is pretty and I'm glad it's passed down, it's nice to have things like that to pass to future generations. I'm trying to take it easy, but I've got to hire 2 new people at the shop, train them, blah, blah, blah...... I'll get to rest one day!

BG! You made it home! Glad you like the new digs and the new jewelry! YAY!