4.02.2008

Getting Ready

I've got a ton going on today. I think I've lined up 5 interviews today! What was I thinking?? I've got one girl who will be leaving next week and one that will be gone at the end of the month. Sigh, the joys of running a business.

What I think is funny is how loose people get in the mouth. A friend of mine was shopping in a local store when she overheard one of the girls saying she was going to interview at my frame shop. So, naturally, my friend listened closely. She talked about if she got the job she was soooooo outta there (talking about her current employment). She also gabbed on about her current boss and how crappy the work was. All the while sitting on a stool and not asking my friend if she needed help with her purchases. Living in a small town has it's advantages. I almost asked my friend if she wanted me to come to the store and shop, too, but didn't. OH! But wouldn't that have been grand! I wouldn't have told that girl who I was and just SURPRISE at the interview. People never cease to amaze me.

In other work related news, I have my new shop banner up! Here is what it looks like:



I know, that's a little small, but you get the idea. I dropped the "wearable" out of it and just made it into "Handmade Art". I talked to hubs about my shop because I got worried that I was going to diversify too much. He said, "if you could only make jewelry, then yeah, it would be too much. But you can do all kinds of stuff and I think you should show that." I felt better.

Well, I have to get dressed. I need to get my butt to the store and start doing interviews!! Hope you all have a happy day!
Hugs-N-Luv
~Pinky!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope the interviews all go well today, love the new banner!

gorjus said...

I love that mid-mod lettering and texture!

Sweet and Salty said...

lol... Don't you love surprising people?

Hope you pick a good one!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Could I apply for the job? Cuz' Mrs. Kwitty, my current boss, is such a bossy thing and won't let me get a moment's rest. Sheesh--if you hire me , I am sooo outta here! LOL
Smiles, Karen

ps--the banner is beautiful! I am a firm believer that a person's style carries over into all that they do--no matter what it is, jewelry, sewing, decorating, even cooking--so I agree with your hub, create away you creative little pixie!

Amber said...

HI! I am really excited about that new banner. It's fresh, fun, and very you! Grats on that Pinky! Can't wait to see the revamped store!! Missed visiting you here. :)

Anonymous said...

(((((Pinky)))))

I do hope you had a great time at work yesterday.

As for the banner, it doesn't grab me. Sorry.

Bare said...

Bless your heart! Living in a small town does have it's perks! I'm so glad your friend heard that girl-- at least that helps you thin out the application pile a little :0) I hope that the others are much better! *hugs*

Jared May said...

The banner looks great. :)