3.03.2008

Wearing Down the Batteries

We're having some pretty big storms tonight, as most of the U.S. is, so I've got my laptop unplugged and I know I'm just sucking the life out of the battery, but I can't sleep, so I can plug it in later. I bought a new banner for my shop today and I'm pretty happy with the way it looks. It's very "me". I've also been working on some new items but the weather hasn't been very good for taking photos.

My only concern about the re-vamp of the shop is that I'm really diversifying. I am not just going to put my jewelry in there, but I worry that if I add too many things, no one will know what I'm really selling. At the same time, I am capable of doing more things than just my jewelry and I need a place to put them. I guess I won't know until I try it out. I'm hoping to have it up in a few weeks.

I actually went to work for more than an hour today! WOO!! You guys have no idea what an accomplishment that is. This pregnancy has been a lot harder on me that I wanted to admit, but I've been on bed rest for nearly a month now. NOT FUN. I'm finally starting to get better, but time will tell. Anyhoo, I went to the store to do paperwork, general admin crap and realize that I really do have to start looking for a manager and another part time employee. I'm not looking forward to that manager business. It's my desk, with my things, done my way and dammit, I like it just fine like that. I know I need someone to be there everyday, but I keep putting it off because the store is still my baby. It's still my project and I'm not ready to just hand it off to someone else.

I was sitting at my desk today and even admitted out loud that I don't want to hire anyone because I don't want them sitting at MY desk. It's selfish and I don't see how I'm going to work full time once the Pod is here. The only person I trusted keeping Miss Pinky doesn't work at a daycare anymore, and there isn't anyone else I'd leave my kids with for majority of the day. Well, I would with a friend of mine, but she's preggo too and already has one that's just over a year, plus a 13 year old. She's got enough on her plate.

So, I guess in the morning, I'll go put an ad in the local paper and see what I can do about my staff and somehow prepare myself for more changes than I'm ready for.

2 comments:

BarnGoddess said...

I was on bed rest the last 3 and 3/4 months of Wee One's pregnancy. I KNOW how sucky it is!!!! When I was preggers w/ Bubba I rode Scooter until I was 7 mos along and my belly could no longer fit behind the saddle horn......age DOES make a difference. Be sure to take care of yourself, Im sure you've heard that a hundred times...

ah, handing over the reins of your place for awhile will be a hard thing to do. Take it slow and research who you are hiring very well. A lot of losers et. out there.

I hope you faired the storms w/ out any damage!

thank you for the well wishes, I am worrying about Wee's surgery which turns me into a snarling witch.

Carrie said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that the age thing is kicking! I'm getting rest, more than I like, but I'm getting it.

The nice thing about working in the law enforcement field is that I still have connections so I can run background checks on future employees. And you better believe I will!!

Storms weren't that bad after all. You are NOT a snarling witch, you are a momma that's worried about her baby. There's lots of people sending good vibes and it will be over before you know it. HUGS!