5.29.2008

Lazy me

Well, not lazy, perhaps neglectful. I've been hopping around getting stuff done this week and the end of last. Miss Pinks finished out the first grade with perfect scores!! All A+'s and S's, so we were very happy. Then, she has been off playing with the grandparents having the best of times being spoiled and enjoying the beginning of summer.

I bought paint for the baby's room, but we haven't painted yet. We bought a pool and spent DAYS leveling the yard and setting it up. Then, it rained cats and dogs. sigh.... FINALLY I have gotten to be able to clean it and will actually be able to swim in it sometime today. My dad laughs at me every day that I don't get to swim. I, personally, do not think it's funny.

Granted, I've never been much for swimming, but when you add in the baby and the fact that it's hot as crap all the time, and only getting hotter, the pool is going to be my sanity saver. Not to mention Miss Pinks and I are going to have a BLAST!!!

I've been getting caught up on laundry, work and all those other things that I put off to play with my daughter. It's not nearly as fun, but will free up my time later. I've got to do more housework so I better scoot. Hope everyone is doing well!

~Pinky

3 comments:

BarnGoddess said...

ahhh not lazy just distracted...

I love our pool, seriously-hubs mentioned we use it so much we might upgrade next year!!! I hope so....

had any probs w/ the chemicals? I think ours is still a bit chloriney

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Splish-splash! lol Pinky--I feel bad for you that it is such a hassle getting your pool up and running! But, once it's done, you will enjoy it so much..lucky you! Have fun, and don't work toooo hard.
Smiles, Karen

Sweet and Salty said...

Ahhhh... Nothing like a pool ready for you to jump into when you're hot. Enjoy!


Congrats to Miss Pinks for the awesome grades! You've got a smarty pant there...