8.06.2008

Dinner and a Giant Baby

I have been missing something from my diet that I shouldn't skip on while preggo but I honestly didn't realize I had been doing it until yesterday. Vegetables!! I haven't been eating as many lately but when the craving hit, well I just had to have a bunch. This was dinner last night. (I had never understood taking dinner pictures, but it just looked so yummy, I thought I would share!)



Summer squash, onions and mushrooms being cooked in olive oil with rosemary and cracked pepper.




Steamed broccoli. I put rosemary, sage and thyme in the water below so the flavor infused itself, then I drizzled it with butter.




The finished product! Smoked sausage added a nice meat to the meal without being overbearing in flavor and the orange pile is mashed sweet potatoes. OMG, it was sooooo good!!

Well, I went to the Doc today and I'm now on my every 2 weeks visit rotation. Which means I'm nearing the end. She is going to do an ultrasound on the 20th because I measured large for how far along I am. In case you are wondering what that means, either there is another baby hiding in there, or our son is ginormous. I'm pretty sure it's the latter but if he's real big, they may decide to do a C-section to keep me from having further complications and from hurting him during childbirth. Miss Pinks was a normal, 7 pound 6 ounce baby and she got stuck, so I'm concerned about having him the traditional way.

We will know more in two weeks. It did make Hubs and I double up on some work that we were doing in the house because you never know what may happen. There is another girl that I know that is due one week before me and she is going to have a Section done the end of this month because her son is big. We're about the same size, so the thought of surgery is in there. Who knows? As long as he's healthy, I'm fine with whatever they decide.

Well, Miss Pinks starts back to school tomorrow, so I better scoot. Hope all is well and I'll stop by and chat soon. Hugs and love!!

3 comments:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Oooh, he's gonna be a big HEALTHY baby with all those good veggies that Mommy is eating!!

Tell Miss Pinky that I hope she has a wonderful first day back to school and a great year!

Smiles, Karen

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you all :) Can't wait to hear more baby news soon.

Anonymous said...

(((((Hugs)))))

So excited for you Pinky and we're keeping you very close in our thoughts.

Rose

xo