9.29.2008

I've been Crafty!!

First up is something I made for me. I don't do a whole lot of that, so you should be impressed. Last week, Karen over at Misses Kwitty had this FABULOUS tip about using stick glue when trying to get something to stay in place that pins just wouldn't work right on. Well she was right!! I woke up early yesterday and made this for me:



Isn't it cute?? I've been just cramming my hooks into yarn balls that were not in use, but that's not always a good thing. Karen's tip worked wonders as it made it easier to tack the ribbons and set the material. Thank you so much!!

Next up is a hat and scarf set that I put together for Miss Pinks. I am SO in love with this set!! The color is really a pretty purple, but it looks blue in the photo. (also, I'm washing sheets, so not one word about the naked bed!)



The pattern for the hat was plain, but with the curly scarf, I wanted to add a little flair, so I added a ruffle to the trim.



She loved it!! Hubs even thought it turned out well and it didn't take me that long to do, so this may be a set you see again before this winter is out.

Well, this may be my last post for a little while. They are going to induce labor tomorrow morning so I'll be at home snuggling with my new son. I'll try to post photos of him and at least give an update, but you know how that labor thing goes! Please, say a prayer or wish me luck. I'll see you guys when I'm Momma X 2!!!

Much Love,
Pinky!

1 comment:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Thank you Pinky!!!

I love your crayon roll AND that darling hat/scarf set! You're so talented!

Good luck today...my thoughts and prayers are with you all through the day. God bless you and the little guy on his first day in this world.

Smiles, Karen